• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1999 JLG 450A 4 controls are not working from the basket

khank1995

Hey I have a 1999 JLG 450A Serial Number 0300045679 with a Duetz diesel

My problem is 4 of the basket controls (Basket Level, Basket Swivel, Tower Lift, Main Telescope) are not working from my basket but are all functions work from the ground controller. Steering, the main lift and swivel controller, engine starting switch are all working as they should in the basket. I have been reading the forums and diagrams but I am still unable to pin point the problem. I have tested power from the main telescoping switch going to the main dump valve and to the in/out solenoids and everything is getting power. the funny thing is from the platform im showing 10.4v on the in/out but from the ground switch im showing 9.9v for the in/out. For the Main Dump ive got 10.9v from the ground and the basket. when you activate any of the 4 switches you can also her the engine labor.
Any advice is appreciated!!! Thanks!

khank1995

Pics

Attachments

• 0D5B0422-28F9-40A0-9D3D-4BD36C75161D.jpeg
    0D5B0422-28F9-40A0-9D3D-4BD36C75161D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 9E8BE236-5DCD-4551-9620-99A7010C602D.jpeg
    9E8BE236-5DCD-4551-9620-99A7010C602D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • EA308C14-EA8F-4640-A51E-B3BD0005D306.jpeg
    EA308C14-EA8F-4640-A51E-B3BD0005D306.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

Mechanicsville804

I would check voltage at the back of the basket controls that "aren't working," and then check for voltage with the same switches engaged to see what I get. Then I would do the same thing except at the hydraulic valve solenoids, I would check voltage there with the basket control engaged to see if I am getting voltage at the solenoid when the switch is engaged. If I am not, I would then follow the wires from the four switches that are not working to find the common problem (Possibly a bad crimp on a junction, possibly wires broken some where, possibly a problem at the ecm,). Also does the pump turn on when you hit the switches even though the cylinders don't operate?

khank1995

I would check voltage at the back of the basket controls that "aren't working," and then check for voltage with the same switches engaged to see what I get. Then I would do the same thing except at the hydraulic valve solenoids, I would check voltage there with the basket control engaged to see if I am getting voltage at the solenoid when the switch is engaged. If I am not, I would then follow the wires from the four switches that are not working to find the common problem (Possibly a bad crimp on a junction, possibly wires broken some where, possibly a problem at the ecm,). Also does the pump turn on when you hit the switches even though the cylinders don't operate?
Thanks for the reply! I ended up replacing the speed controller in the basket tonight and now everything works as it should! I am curios to what that controller operates on the hydraulic block.