• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1950s Adams motor grader Anti-coast brake band

gsholt07

I just bought a 610 Adams about a month ago, and just a couple days ago, I broke one of the anti-coast brake bands for the right side of the blade. My question is where the heck would I find one? I got this thing to plow my 2 mile driveway this winter so I could get to work. I don't really need a lawn ornament. All the bands I have found don't have the "hip" that the stop plate settles in.

Attachments

• 20231022_215120.jpg
    20231022_215120.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Welder Dave

Maybe it could be welded or a new piece welded on. If not it looks like just a flat bar ring with brake material added. A steel fabrication shop with a roller could make the ring and a brake shop could either glue or rivet the brake material on. Not sure if an industrial brake shop could make the ring or not.