• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1840 case dies after you turn on the lights

Chuck

Occupation
Engineer
My 1840 has developed a problem somehow related to the extra current draw of having the lights on. With the machine running, you turn on the lights after 30 seconds to a minute the "seatbelt" buzzer alarm starts going off and the machine dies soon afterwards. After it dies, the key does absolutely nothing (but the lights will still work on aux) until about a minute passes like something has to cool off and/or reset.

I say "seatbelt" buzzer because that is what the light that comes on says but the machine doesn't have a seat belt sensor. I did some searching and I've found that others have had similar problems to what mine is doing but I didn't find anyone who had a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I would check for loose ground wires or battery cables

Bulldog777

Occupation
Construction Manager / ex Mechanic
The wiring loom rubs on the bell housing and shorts out, best to take to cabin forward and inspect the wiring loom, repair and add insulation coiling to protect.

If that doesn't get it let me know.

Cheers

Bulldog