• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1466 Koehring

gr79

gradall xl 4100

I had to throw this one in, on a long morning of picture taking.
Maybe it too will be a classic someday...

Was turning into my sub to call it a day when i spotted this one.
The rest of the dirt road near my house was recently/finally blacktopped.
I don't mind seeing my tax money going towards this stuff.
They are finishing the details i guess.
Was driving my 79 mustang-they liked the car and i thanked them for doing their part on the road, saving a lot of wear and tear on everyone's hide/ride.

Attachments

• 100_1385.jpg
    100_1385.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,089
Last edited:

tomcat1191

Occupation
Laboer? I think
Gr79 you must live close to where I live. I think that 1266 I have seen around before just cant place it yet.

gr79

wondered that too

old halloway machine?

The hour meters may have told a story, but they are way in there.
Machine is at a pit on W. Drahner Rd, west of N. Lapeer Rd (US-24).
In Oxford, i guess. I live 35 miles sw of it. Never really go out that way.

Attachments

• 100_1367.jpg
    100_1367.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,967
  • 100_1371.jpg
    100_1371.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,939

danhoe

Holloway had 2, 1266's digging on I-696, those were sold at the auction a few years ago one was a parts machine, they went to the same person and went cheap, if I remember around $ 30,000.00. dan

special tool

"Power action geometry":lmao
You know what that says?
That says, "we'll keep up with the new Cat 200 series even if we have to have those bsers in marketing come up with bs words that we can rivet to the booms of these air-over-hydro clunkers"......:D

Say it isn't so.....go ahead.

tomcat1191

Occupation
Laboer? I think
Gr79 that's is an LDS machine. Probably all wore out from laying all the big pipe back in the day. And if you live 35 miles SW of 24 than you live close to me.

Megadraught

Hey Clawed, that 1466 is going to weigh more than that. My friend's company has a 1978 1266D and it tips the scales at 126 tons.

jetxss

It's sold to Canada already

Thank you sir it is still much appreciated I love these machines and don't want to see them go to the scrap yard to many half. If you or any of your friends ever run into a 866 1066 1166 1266 or 1466 please let me know

jetxss

bucket, etc

Hello sir I'm interested in these machines I would like to try to purchase them so if you had any additional contact info for the owners it would be much appreciated I don't want to see them go to the scrap yard

Occupation
Landscaper
gotta love those old detroits screaming

need more old koering videos thats for sure
Cat 328,

YES!!! PLEASE post the picture(s)!

EE Cruz used to hire us to disassemble that 1466 when they were doing a deep sewer cut job in Queens around 2000. That machine was a sight to see, sitting in the middle of Bell Blvd. Their 1166E was on the job as well.

I knew they had sold it, but I thought it went to Texas. I'm pretty sure they replaced it with a Komatsu PC1100LC-6 from Binder. I could be wrong, as this was a few years ago.

Please post the 1466 pics.

Thanks,
Tony

jbsejohnw1

tomcat , i 'm new in the forum and joined to get because i'm a koehring fan arethose machines still around to be seen , can't by and restore them all so i take pictures of all i see , i would like to restore a 466e if i could find one i fair shape

jbsejohnw1

thanks for the information , nice to know i'm not the only interested in the history of these orange giants, koehringniac ? i like that, now i know whats wrong with me

Koehringman

tomcat , i 'm new in the forum and joined to get because i'm a koehring fan arethose machines still around to be seen , can't by and restore them all so i take pictures of all i see , i would like to restore a 466e if i could find one i fair shape
Hi JB. I have a 466D that I restored. You may have seen the thread I put on the forum for this. I have a 455 also. There is some youtube footage. Type in Zagray farm.