• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

03 Cat 304 CR Who Made It ?

MTNXTREME800

Curious who makes these machines, I had read somewhere they were made by Mitsubishi, it is Mitsubishi powered but no other Mitsubishi designation anywhere and if you google Mitsubishi excavators, nothing comes up, what's the mystery ?

f311fr1

All CAT MINI Ex up to the 308 size are Mitsu. You notice there are no Mitsu new machine dealers?

ih100

All CAT MINI Ex up to the 308 size are Mitsu. You notice there are no Mitsu new machine dealers?

No they aren't. Several are rebadged Wacker Neuson. When some Cat minis were built in the UK until a few years ago, they took Mitsubishi engines as well.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I seem to remember Mitsu and Cat form a joint partnership call Shinn Caterpillar a bunch of years ago. I've heard it is all owned by Caterpillar now days. I think the engineering though is all Japanese. I hadn't heard of the Wacker Neuson machines. That's interesting.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If you want.. get the #'s off the name plate on the inj. pump & I'll tell ya what ENGINE it goes on..
Besides, its ALWAYS GOOD to have that information when trying to get parts..