Thread: F-20 fiat allis

F-20 fiat allis

Thinking of buying a fairly late model Fat Allis, a F20. Owner says it' been sitting in a barn for 20 years, only has 2K hours on her and he put in some fresh diesel and she runs fine. Has a cab, looks pretty good from the pic. Any idea what it might be worth?
    Just remember when the old lady laughs at your expense for trying to sell what she thinks is a worthless piece of garbage"There is an a** for every toilet seat ever made"
    Formerly Skull-Finder-{found the skull to the famous mastodon in Hyde Park,NY in 2000

2002 Chevy 7500 6 wheel dump
    JD 410G TLB
    JD 35D mini exc.
    JD 450D dozer
    JD 440 track loader
    JD 420 track loader
    10 ton trailer

Only 2000 hours???

That's what I was told, was used only on a farm making, loading topsoil, says the undercarriage is at 95%.

Bigger machine. 8.5" pitch rails may be a good buy but will be heavy and a tad bit awkward as a 977 Cat. Loader series is a FL20, dozers FD20. Definite Fiat not Fiat Allis as no Allis in it.

Nothing good ever comes from something sitting lol id say 15k would be a bargin, one just sold at auction down my way that had a winch on it and open cab for 22k

FL20 yes, forgot the L, but it definitely says Fiat Allis on her.

Quote Originally Posted by FieldMechanic89 View Post
    Nothing good ever comes from something sitting lol id say 15k would be a bargin, one just sold at auction down my way that had a winch on it and open cab for 22k
    Yes to agreeing with sitting but she was stored inside, will look her over real good. This is what I've been waiting to hear, thanks very much FieldMechanic

Be prepared to start replacing a lot of seals once you start using it.

Yes the label will be FA but the machine is all Fiat at that stage. Will have a Iveco engine, Fiat design trans and hydraulics. Rails running gear and such will all be Fiat based. Allis died in the mid 80's, FA was a label from then on only. Fiat Hitachi and Fiat Kobelco came next but sold the same machines rebranded and identified by new series numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsii View Post
    Be prepared to start replacing a lot of seals once you start using it.
    Dust control is important.
    Just remember when the old lady laughs at your expense for trying to sell what she thinks is a worthless piece of garbage"There is an a** for every toilet seat ever made"
    Formerly Skull-Finder-{found the skull to the famous mastodon in Hyde Park,NY in 2000

JD 410G TLB
    JD 35D mini exc.
    JD 450D dozer
    JD 440 track loader
    JD 420 track loader
    10 ton trailer

Quote Originally Posted by DMiller View Post
    Yes the label will be FA but the machine is all Fiat at that stage. Will have a Iveco engine, Fiat design trans and hydraulics. Rails running gear and such will all be Fiat based. Allis died in the mid 80's, FA was a label from then on only. Fiat Hitachi and Fiat Kobelco came next but sold the same machines rebranded and identified by new series numbers.
    Good to know. AC was a good company, lots of similarities to Studebaker, ahead of their times with lots of cool stuff although my AC I600 TLB was the biggest POS under the sun. Missed out this Summer on a FREE HD14 dozer, couldn't find a rigger to haul it for me, that really sucked.

JD 410G TLB
    JD 35D mini exc.
    JD 450D dozer
    JD 440 track loader
    JD 420 track loader
    10 ton trailer