Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old MF 300

I know could have been a real tragedy, he was lucky to come away with only a few bruises and scratches and that the cage is fully enclosed on that side.
    Younger Driver, older M/C, he wasn't familiar with controls. No brakes(I actually thought the M/C had some brakes the mechanic l had look at it on pre sale inspection told me that he had managed to get some brake but I would have to adjust properly once I'd purchased) and me not being there with at least some knowledge of that M/C and a parts book. All these factors would have contributed to her coming off the side of the trailer.

Had a bit more or a look at my track adjuster and have realised it must've been stuffed for a while as front idler already has shim blocks there both sides to set track tension, I'm jus gonna shim it some more for now and when I have the tracks off my to replace those 5 links I'll look at the adjusters too.

Name:  IMG_0292.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  80.5 KB

This is a shot after I first fired her up after her fall, put the 4in1 on the truck tray to replace a hose for the clamshell, went to test, leaver stuck. Got on the net and found solution on this site, was just a rusty spring on top a leaver assy, penetrating oil did the trick.
    Also found a worn Oring suction side of steering/torque converter that was causing bleeding and occasional clutch issues, I suspected an old rubber connecting pipe for where you take of the suction pipe from trans was the issue but found the oring on the pipe was flat as and it looked like some gasket glue was there too.

Also dropped the oil out of the finals, holy crap how brown/black is this oil normally? mine was shades and shades worse than the Ganges, filled both with diesel, lifted M/C with bucket and rippers and rotated tracks for a minute or so, let soak and repeat, drain then I left to dry a bit, on return, as fill plug hole is quite large I could see a dark patch(old buildup) on the flat intake chute(inside final) which rubbed of easily with my finger if I had more diesel if I had another 10l of diesel I would have repeated process again(the tank on the M/C should have had 70+ litres in it, didn't think of that at the time) so I just poured about a little of petrol through each, let day and filled with 80w-90 which turned brown instantly, I'm assuming there was still some sediment possibly a smidgen of fuel trapped in the bottom, plan to run her for about 20-30 hours and then change final oil again. From what I could see through fill hole in the finals when they were empty they look really good no marking on any teeth and where I rubbed build up of the metal and all metal I could see looked pretty much brand new, amazing! Have read and was dreading finding grease in there��

So at this point everything is working bar a few gauges engine temp will have to be sorted asap (gauge is there just not reading anything)and the track adjuster,

The wealth of info and willingness of you guys to help someone in need is amazing,
    Cheers guys, wish you all a merry christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    LT, Chris at Sapphire Coast Tractor Parts or Tony and Kevin at Gympie Track Service are all great people to deal with and may have the track parts you require on the shelf.
    The track adjuster may only require a seal and the best outfit to get it from is Seal Imports in Brisbane. Most other places I have tried getting seals from go there and then put their markup on, some times 100%
    Cheers tones, I'll give them a buzz. I suspect more than seals as idler is shimmed out, looks like it been like that for awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12