Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: D6c cat loss of oil pressure

Wow,my head is spinning with all this information. Didn't realize there are so many variations to that engine. I don't know what I am going to do. Everyone here says that it is not worth rebuilding, too much to replace, clean up, too much time to spend on it. Rebuild from Capital Reman in Denver said that they can build an engine for me to the exact specifications of my serial number and arrangement number shipped to my door for $9,200.It would be a rebuild engine with new parts, reusing my oil pan,oil pump and value cover. I really appreciate all of your responses, but would like a little more advice on this option.

Sold!
    Just livin the dream one nightmare at a time.

That seems like a very reasonable price. What do you know about their operation and reputation?
    Add a new aftermarket oil pump 2P1785, approx $200 or maybe go to Cat Classic which will undoubtedly be a bit more.
    I'd forget about the 66D unless you get the parts book to go along with it as there seems to be confusion over the identity of the pieces.

9200$ versus 25k at the dealer for a leisure machine is the only way to go. Most of these guys know these things insides and outs , some use previously used parts but are checked thoroughly. Check the background , the folks I sent the link too , I'll vouch for them. The thing about not going thru the dealer , they may not require you to do the coolers and radiator. Make sure the gauges are working properly and if the temps are not right correct the problem , this will ensure the longevity of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.ahlgren85 View Post
    Wow,my head is spinning with all this information. Didn't realize there are so many variations to that engine.
    Wasn't this where we came in..?
    I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately....... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$.

To paraphrase your local friendly MD. Stick your tongue out and tell me - what's your Serial Number..?

Quote Originally Posted by Dickjr. View Post
    they may not require you to do the coolers and radiator. Make sure the gauges are working properly and if the temps are not right correct the problem , this will ensure the longevity of the engine.
    Just to be straight here I would not even think of reusing the engine oil cooler off this engine! I would run fast from anyone who said, no problem we'll flush it out and it will be fine. Not saying the people being mentioned are claiming this just a point of information. As to any other coolers say transmission or hydraulic they should be fine if proper care was taken when they were removed. And radiator should be cleaned inside and out if for no other reason than it is too easy at this point and will save from having problems down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Magnet View Post
    Can't trust that SIS either...
    Yes, I have noticed that in SIS at least with the D330/333 engine powered equipment they tend to default to information on 3304 or 3306 engines. That is where not having access to the old paper based manuals at I had where I worked has me at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by kshansen View Post
    Just to be straight here I would not even think of reusing the engine oil cooler off this engine! I would run fast from anyone who said, no problem we'll flush it out and it will be fine. Not saying the people being mentioned are claiming this just a point of information. As to any other coolers say transmission or hydraulic they should be fine if proper care was taken when they were removed. And radiator should be cleaned inside and out if for no other reason than it is too easy at this point and will save from having problems down the road.
    yeah, never reuse a engine oil cooler after a contamination failure. It's impossible to get them clean enough in my opinion. I won't even warranty an engine doing that.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516