Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bob Ont

just reading thru some of Bobs posts and p.ms,he will be greatly missed down here,but I am sure, up there, those spanners/wrenches are much lighter, enjoy Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
    Thank you -ALL of you.

My Mom and siblings and I have been watching the boards with amazement and pride. We knew he was proud of the work he did here. And he often shared stories of people who he had helped, and people who thanked him. Sounds like this is a pretty incredible group - I think it is safe to say your sincerity would have resonated with him, and that's probably a big part of why he spent so much time here.

We miss him terribly, but are finding comfort in all the kind words.

Triscuit
    Triscuit, I hope that by following this thread you and your whole family have come to realize the high esteem to which your father was held by everyone on this forum for the breadth of his knowledge and his willingness to share it with others. We will also miss him terribly for that reason. I was one of the people with whom he communicated "off grid" and we enjoyed swapping "war stories" of our experiences working on heavy equipment.

You may have noted the geographic spread of people posting. Obviously there have been messages of condolence from closer to home but also from as far away as Australia, the UK, and South Africa to name just a few. That should give you an idea of just how many people's lives your father impacted who will be forever grateful to him for assisting them with their machinery.

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
    Very sad news indeed. Bob has come to my help on these forums many a time and I will certainly miss his help and advice. RIP Bob!

Sad news for sure, my condolences to his family.
    I was always in awe of his vast knowledge about equipment, he will be missed here for sure.

Sounds like this is a pretty incredible group - I think it is safe to say your sincerity would have resonated with him, and that's probably a big part of why he spent so much time here.
    Triscuit, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I never miss a chance to point out that it's the members here that make the place what it is, and your Dad was the epitome of that.

If it's of any comfort, know that we often have visitors that come here and search for solutions to their problems without ever joining or posting. That means that your Dad's good advice has probably helped far more people then you'll even see here, and also that it'll live on and help even more in the future.
    Proudly spending today building the dilapidated housing of the 22nd century....

Read the Forum Rules Here

...and please, don't reply to spammers. Just use the "Report Post" feature. Thanks.

Hi Triscuit,

Glad you found your way here and my condolences to you and your family.

On this forum there are a group of wise people with tons of experience and great mechanical skills that are obvious. I would consider Bob to have been a member of this group and he will be sadly missed. If you do a search you will see how much Bob contributed here.

Bob will be immortal as long as his words and advice are available on the internet.
    "The reason we are here is that we are not all there"

Post says moved!!!!! To where and why????

OM, a moderator has made this thread a sticky, so it will always be near the top of the list even if nobody posts to it for a while. Good idea.
    Morooka? Thank you no, I have plenty. I think what I need perhaps is less "ooka" www.lantraxco.com

Triscuit, I'm sorry for your loss.
    "You can't have 'no' in your heart." - Joe Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by lantraxco View Post
    OM, a moderator has made this thread a sticky, so it will always be near the top of the list even if nobody posts to it for a while. Good idea.
    OK, thanks. I'm used to the ACMOC format of vBulletin where a Sticky is labeled as such and the title information doesn't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Magnet View Post
    OK, thanks. I'm used to the ACMOC format of vBulletin where a Sticky is labeled as such and the title information doesn't go away.
    Also the thread was originally in the dozers section. One of the moderators has moved it to the General Industry Questions section as I imagine more people are likely to see it there.
    I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately....... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$.

To paraphrase your local friendly MD. Stick your tongue out and tell me - what's your Serial Number..?

Just found this; and im also very sorry to hear of Bobs passing.
    He certainly was a wealth of information about earthmoving machine; and his knowledge will be missed by a lot of people.
    Condolences to his family, from down at the bottom of the world in New Zealand.
    Mervyn Pepper

I moved it this morning, and made it a sticky, at least for a few weeks. In "Dozers" it was easy to overlook. I think we owe Bob at least that much.
    Proudly spending today building the dilapidated housing of the 22nd century....

Read the Forum Rules Here

...and please, don't reply to spammers. Just use the "Report Post" feature. Thanks.

I just found out about this thread today, sad indeed to hear the news of Bob, he was a wealth of knowledge. Fortunately a good bit of that wonderful mind was shared unselfishly by Bob himself here at HEF and his words and advice will continue for posterity.

Thank you Bob, fair winds brother.
    A good mechanic isn't expensive, he's priceless!

http://www.bluediamondattachments.com/

How to post pics to forum posts

Read Forum Rules Here

Please don't respond to spammers...makes our job tougher mopping up their mess

I've been away from the forums a few days and missed this thread. The membership is what makes these forums work and it's always sad to learn that we've lost one. Bob's generosity in sharing his knowledge are what the forums are all about and he will be sorely missed by all. Our deepest sympathies to all his family. Rest in Peace Bob

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast