Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bob Ont

Very sad to hear of Bob's passing. I always looked out for his posts as they reflected such a depth of knowledge and experience expressed so succinctly.

What I find so impressive about HEF is the calibre of experienced mechanics, managers and operators and their quality posts. But being the son of a mechanic I know that the managers, operators and virtually everyone else rely on a good spanner operator to get the job done to completion. The knowledge volunteered by Bob and his peers on HEF has helped many people worldwide out of a mechanical problem, especially in older machines.

Miss you Bob

Condolences to family, RIP Bob

One thing I believe I seemed to take for granted growing up was the number of qualified mechanics and parts people at our disposal. Only when I got older and some of these guys started quitting or moving on did I realize how valuable they were. Same goes on here. I haven't been on here long enough to truly know Bob, but like everyone says when you saw he posted, you knew it was worth reading. Prayers for the family.

Later Bob.
    Making the water flow, one bucket at a time.

Bob was a great asset to the forum, he'll be missed.

RIP Bob.

Ed

Rest easy Bob. You will be missed

As someone said earlier, when Bob posted, you "shut up and listened", and as an early 40-yr track loader operator and some time spanner man, I loved reading his diagnoses of problems with those machines. I somehow thought he was a younger man, shows what you don't know. My condolences to you and your family, Triscuit. May your father rest with his maker.

Bob, was Top Draw all the way I loved him, he would often E.Mail me on all sorts of topics and had a very calm tempered and civil way that set him off as a true Gentleman, through his comments and style I often thought he was about 40 years old as he had a fresh mind and a very keen interest in so many things, it would seem he had a very good humour as he would often laugh at some of my posts and comment in a cracking way to me.
    Sadly I have lost a good Pal RIP Bob see you later tctractors ( this news put a tear in my eye )

Sad to see such a valued member and friend go. Will miss you Bob

In all the years I've been browsing this forum I've often thought what real gentlemen are here,sad to think that we have one less now.a lifetimes experience and knowledge gone just like that.god bless and look after him and his family

Hi Trisquit,

I am a relatively new member to the forum, and did not get involved in the repair side of equipment discussions often, but one thing for sure about your Dad is that if he mentioned something you can bet it was spot on.

I don't have anything to add to what has already been mentioned, but I think it is safe to say that the sentiment of the forum members is pretty unanimous - your Dad was very generous with his time and substantial knowledge, and he will be missed.

God bless you and your family.

Thanks bob for sharing your knowledge. RIP
    I would rather drink gear lube then drive an automatic

Probationary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxbow View Post
    Hi Trisquit,

I am a relatively new member to the forum, and did not get involved in the repair side of equipment discussions often, but one thing for sure about your Dad is that if he mentioned something you can bet it was spot on.

I don't have anything to add to what has already been mentioned, but I think it is safe to say that the sentiment of the forum members is pretty unanimous - your Dad was very generous with his time and substantial knowledge, and he will be missed.

God bless you and your family.
    Thank you -ALL of you.

My Mom and siblings and I have been watching the boards with amazement and pride. We knew he was proud of the work he did here. And he often shared stories of people who he had helped, and people who thanked him. Sounds like this is a pretty incredible group - I think it is safe to say your sincerity would have resonated with him, and that's probably a big part of why he spent so much time here.

We miss him terribly, but are finding comfort in all the kind words.

Triscuit

Tricuit; I am another that always liked to read Bob's posts here and his famous sign-off -- Later Bob. Thanks Old Magnet for posting Bob's picture.

Another member from Ontario disappeared from posting on HEF with the username Phil. One of his last threads (Case 480D dies Burying a Goat) ironically had a picture of his son it. Phil and I emailed back and forth many times. I always will wonder what happened to him.

Old Magnet, thanks from me, too, for posting the picture of Bob.

Triscuit, I too will really miss seeing the sign-off "Later Bob" and his words. He was very generous with his knowledge, and he made a very big contribution here. He cut to the chase, and didn't waste any words, and said valuable stuff with those words. I will miss that a lot. I sent my condolences to you and your mother and your siblings. RIP, Bob Ont.
    Last edited by Jim D; 03-23-2016 at 12:14 AM.

So sorry for your family Triscut, it truly is a sad time when we lose a loved one. He was a wealth of information here and I for one was always amazed at the depth of his knowledge. As Dickjr said I would have loved to have met him also. The world has lost another good one in Bob.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast