Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eimco Dozer?????

eimco dozer

I have a couple of 103mc m64 eimco dozers my grandad had one years ago when he passed it was sold. I surched for a long time to find one and finaly I did. A man who lived near us sold equipment and had 18 at one time they were military surplus the "mc's" were built for the U.S. Marines. I love to run them they are good pushing dozers they are a little rougher riding that other dozers but are easy to run. I located another machine and I am trying to get it bought so I can have one just for parts. I don't know about the "c" but most of the "mc" undercarriage will interchange with a "d6c". The "mc" has some unique features like the fan can be loosened from the drive belts with a lever at the back of the machine for fording through deep water. They came from the factory withe 6v-71's and had a shipping weight of 20.5 ton. I have a copy of the shop manual which tells everything you would ever want to know.

I also have a MC 106 (M64)
    SN 1033372
    MFG 1966
    Have had it for 8 or 9 years and it's great for the work here on the ranch. I have been looking for a manual off and during all this time but now I'm starting to have a problem. The right track won't hold tension. I fill it with grease but in about 10 minuets I have to stop and do it again. I'm sure the grease seal is leaking but ... need the procedure for doing the repair. I would love a copy of your manual and happily pay copying fees. Certainly the section on repairing the tensioning cylinders would be most appreciated.

Seabees had tons of them when I was in the service. 66 through 69. The ones we had were all Detroits. If I remember right you could reverse each track individually just by pulling back on the sticks. They were an operaters nightmare though. All the enemy had to do was aim between the lights. Fortunately I didn't run dozers in Vietnam. I drove truck mostly. Somewhere I even have an Eimco watch fob.

Here are few Eimcos in a yard in Moab, Utah. They had mutiple units resting there. A couple still had military paint. I've come across quite a few Eimco dozers in my travels through the western desert states.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I know of two Eimco tractors sitting outside a barn near Safford, AZ. Came across them this summer on my delivery route. Not much left of either one other than main frame, roller frames, tracks, and I believe one blade. Engines and transmissions are gone. I always meant to stop and take pictures, but was always in too much of a hurry.

There are many other machines along that run that need to have pictures taken. Maybe later this year or next spring I will gather up the ole lady and drive up there for a day and burn a bunch of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat ron View Post
    I don't think it would push very well, big dozers need weight up front to keep the traction even.
    it would be balanced just fine the only difference i se is you sit in front of the engine instead of behind it
    Last edited by ronnie; 10-30-2009 at 10:45 PM.

vfw hal if you break the track dowmn at the master link the n teh front idler will come out and the packing id in he back of the polish rod not to hard to repair the only trouble is the c-frame migh thave to be took loose at the trunion ball

old Marine Corps Eimco to be auction off

I was doing a RBauction equipment hunt today,and came across a really nice looking Eimco dozer that to be auctioned off. It looks like it belongs to a collector in Europe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi sure would like to hear from you regarding the Eimco dozer. I have one and have been using it on our ranch in Fallbrook, CA for over 10 years. Specifically looking for repair info on the track tensioners.
    Harold
    harold10@hughes.net

Thanks Ronnie. Have it out now it's leaking at the shaft seal. Taking it to a hydraulic shop as it's a welded cylender an needs to be cut open,seals replaced and re welded.Darn thing weighs a ton and the coil spring is scary. 22" long coiled 2" material in a 10" diameter circle. The spring must weigh over a hundred #. I'd post a picture but don't have priveleges yet. What a bear to remove it.
    Thanks
    Hal

i havent seen Eimeco dozers but i have seen other minig equipment made by them here in Kalgoorlie Western Australia in a few of the older underground opertions arround the area most are rail boggers (loaders) and rail truck locos one bogger and a few trucks can be seen in front of the Sanvik Mining Kalgoorlie office in west kal.

Probationary Member
    Hi All, as a retired contractor having owned and operated no less than 6 Eimcos over a long career nl 102 Cat D2 based rocker shovel, three 105 Detroit 371 powered rocker shovels and two 105 Dozers w / 6v71 Detroit . The earlier 105s had the same undercarriage as the 105 rocker shovels (later fitted with 471s) but the 6v71 was too powerful for the dozer undercarriage and this was later upgraded with Cat (D8H) undercarriage. Three of these machines are still operational with a possible rebuild of a 105 Dozer. Br Zach Bloemfontein S. Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hi All, as a retired contractor having owned and operated no less than 6 Eimcos over a long career nl 102 Cat D2 based rocker shovel, three 105 Detroit 371 powered rocker shovels and two 105 Dozers w / 6v71 Detroit . The earlier 105s had the same undercarriage as the 105 rocker shovels (later fitted with 471s) but the 6v71 was too powerful for the dozer undercarriage and this was later upgraded with Cat (D8H) undercarriage. Three of these machines are still operational with a possible rebuild of a 105 Dozer. Br Zach Bloemfontein S. Africa.
    Welcome Zach A pleasure to have you here,would there be any chance of a few pictures of this modification?
    Stock

Common sense is not common practice

Probationary Member

my boss owns this verry eimco

whatever any one wants to know about this or any other Eimco stuff hit me up that pic was taken in Ash Fork Az

I recently finished repairing a 106C, gearbox, hydraulics and left final drive was overhauled. Took a wile to do because parts are a bit of a problem. Luckely I had a workshop manual. Will upload pics as soon as my account is activated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast