Thread: Volvo Or Case Excavator

Volvo Or Case Excavator

Volvo OR Case 240 Excavator , which machine would you Buy

I've had good luck with our volvo Ec 210. It just likes fuel
    Chris

To see our equipment in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

case
    do you teach best what you need to learn the most?

Sumitomo is real strong excavator. The new B series seem to be a big hit with the guys who have them here.
    WWW.KAISERSKIDSTEER.COM

Welcome to HEF!

I am really not a #ick.

Which dealer can provide you the best support ??

If its not a Cat, Its a dog!

Sorry about the smarta** remark, know a guy who's got a Case thats about equivalent to a 320, and he likes it fine. Never sat on a Volvo, although I've heard good things about them.

Banned
    Vovlo, quiet and excellent fuel economy and the pilots are nice and short, inlike the Case/LBX.

Case is the way to go over the volvo.

volvo = samsung right?

Quote Originally Posted by skata View Post
    volvo = samsung right?
    Volvo bought out Samsung's excavator line in the late 1990s, but the B-series does have Volvo changes to the machines.

That being said, I think the bulk of the engineering work is still done in Korea.
    Opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Caterpillar, Inc. or Bobcat Company, both of which are copyrighted trademarks of their respective companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerotor77W View Post
    Volvo bought out Samsung's excavator line in the late 1990s, but the B-series does have Volvo changes to the machines.

That being said, I think the bulk of the engineering work is still done in Korea.
    Volvo were also involved with Ackermann around that time I think. They built nice excavators so I'm not sure how much of that design influenced the current lineup.

Banned
    The only problem I've ever heard about Volvo's is some operators (mainly my brother) complain about the jumping the boom does when you have the stick and boom all the way stretched out and pull the bucket towards you, it jumps for about the first 3 feet, they have touchy pilots and I never had that problem.

cat

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat ron View Post
    The only problem I've ever heard about Volvo's is some operators (mainly my brother) complain about the jumping the boom does when you have the stick and boom all the way stretched out and pull the bucket towards you, it jumps for about the first 3 feet, they have touchy pilots and I never had that problem.
    I operated a brand new Volvo EW180 for a couple of weeks last fall and never liked those controls, felt like you had very little control over the valves, all or nothing. It was equiped as a material handler with a grip so it migh have helped to tweaked the pilot pressure a little. I operated a slightly older Volvo EC240 after the 180 and that had really nice and smooth controls.

Volvo ARE Akerman. Volvo just built backhoes before they bought Akerman and changed logos. Then they bought Samsung and maybe joining those two will make a great excavator? Sturdiness and quality from Akerman and speed, reach and no leaks from Samsung?

As I understand LB, Case and Sumitomo are just different brands for the same excavator right? I operated a JCB/Sumitomo a few years back before they split up, A JS200 I think it was called. It was nice and smooth and strong as a bear, it would keep up with a 240 sized machine all day. Had a nice and quiet Isuzu that didn't waste diesel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast