Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Wabco scrapers at work

Hi Malcolm, Thanks for that info..Cheers, Fourdee...

Quote Originally Posted by Gord229 View Post
    Hi Stan
    Great shots of yoour gear being moved!
    Am a Wabco owner myself and was wondering how you go finding cutting edges and routers for yours? Having great trouble finding any in Australia for my 229F
    Cheers
    Gordon
    Hey Gordon,
    Just foung a 229G for sale in Aus if you are interested.
    I will send add if you are keen. Tidy and ROPS and rebuilt front to back.
    55k seems like a good price.
    Have never had any in NZ.
    Cheers
    Stan

Smile 229G for sale

Quote Originally Posted by stangoodman View Post
    Hey Gordon,
    Just foung a 229G for sale in Aus if you are interested.
    I will send add if you are keen. Tidy and ROPS and rebuilt front to back.
    55k seems like a good price.
    Have never had any in NZ.
    Cheers
    Stan
    Hi Stan

Yes I know the machine! It is owned by Peter Riley near Bairnsdale in Victoria. He also has a 229F (now being parted out unfortunately), and had a 222G and a 222H. From what I know, it is the only 229G in Australia!

My bank manager (wife) won't let me buy it! I would love to own it but really can't afford it. I have to say that buying a Cat 623E was the biggest mistake I have ever made. It is nothing but a money sink. I have owned it for 2 and a half years and every cent it has earned plus every excess cent from the 229F, my tax refunds and every other income source, have gone into keeping it going. The other problem is nobody is interested in buying it!

I knew I should have found myself a good 222 at the time I bought the blessed thing but the other guys I work with don't like the Wabco's so I have difficulty in finding good operators when I am not in the saddle myself. At least they will operate the 623!

Long term I would love to own the complete run of C model Wabco/LW/Letourneau scrapers from the 229H back to the clutch steer. Guess for now I just have to settle for the 229F and C V Power.

Thanks for thinking of me!
    Cheers
    Gordon
    Last edited by Gord229; 08-14-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: additional info

I know i've posted here befor lol....ran scraper for a few years takin a break from the woods. Cut my teeth in construction runnin a ole' 222D. Seen a post about nose slidin....them long snout's are way easier to nose slide than say a cat 623. Used to do it on purpose....was in my early 20's and was still bullridin back then lol....was a hell of a thrill lol. tried it a couple time's on a CAT machine.....ended up stickin one dead on it's nose...thought I was gonna go over on my lid but litterly just "hung there" lol. I run a delimber now and have for years...but at time's i miss runnin scraper. I miss the "racein" aspect of them...we would litterly play Nascar with them with all our operators..absolute blast. Ego fest all the way..When I ran the Wabco I was the only operator runnin scraper for a fledglin outfit....was a long ass time ago....worked for a bigger outfit runnin 10 633's in Reno Nv. Was in a old 633D out runnin 633F's....THAT's called hammer down lol

2 things about that ole' wabco i ran...1..it screwed my hearin for life....straight pipe Detroit lol.. 2. was one dirt hogin mother....would throw a paddle long befor the elevator stopped....damn good mountian scraper.....would go through a solid rock vein like butter...as long asyou can keep the cuttin edge in place lol
    Last edited by Hillbillybjopkr; 08-16-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    nothing runs like a DEERE with a CAT on it's tail...

Quote Originally Posted by graemets3 View Post
    A very brave C-Pull operator putting on a show during construction of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra, Australia, early 1960's.
    OMG...lol...I LOVE IT!!!!...unfortinuatly i live in the most screwed up State in our union...California....that right there would instantly be at least a $50'000 fine...every time you touch water with Iron. Only exception is in a emergency.....I spent from oh..1 in the mornin till 3 in the afternoon once back in 2000 when a bunch of levi's broke durin a huge storm (was drunker than a fish cause it was new years and the boss called me just as I got home from partyin) runnin a old D8 tryin to push a levi back up...in a torrent of water...had water commin over my floor board..was 22 at the time..one hell of a night lol
    nothing runs like a DEERE with a CAT on it's tail...

Just found this web site and it looks very exciting to find other's that think the Tournapull's as we called then were and still are one if not the best production scrapers made. Two of my brothers & I bought the C that my our dad bought new in 1964. It still runs great will still out produce anything of the same size. It is a 222A -CPA6A series with a Hancock scraper. Also a D with an automatic trans. DPA2C series that we used to run before it was traded. Brings back lots of memories.

Welcome Maurice,
    Yes you've stumbled ont the only web site that tells it the way it really is! We love our LW/Wabco machines and are proud of them. Glad to know that your family is still in possession of probably the best elevating scraper ever made. Love to see some pictures of it when you can.
    Cherrs
    Gordon

252 rebuild

A few photos of our current winter project!
    252 came from Brisbane 2 years ago from Shadforths and we are finally getting round to rebuilding her. Someone might know where it came from before we brought it over?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Gord 229; I notice the name of Peter O'Riley from bairnsdale vic , I brought my 222G of peter ran it for a few years before selling it to Hoss yeaman and his brother in NZ i see theres pictures of it sitting on wharf on page 5,6 or 7 ?? in this thread, sad day when she left, but Hoss is one passionate WABCO man. I still have my 111A just a got to fix a small electrical problem and she will be ready for action, only got a couple small jobs to do with it and i will take some photos/video and post soon Cheers Leroy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Leroy View Post
    Gord 229; I notice the name of Peter O'Riley from bairnsdale vic , I brought my 222G of peter ran it for a few years before selling it to Hoss yeaman and his brother in NZ i see theres pictures of it sitting on wharf on page 5,6 or 7 ?? in this thread, sad day when she left, but Hoss is one passionate WABCO man. I still have my 111A just a got to fix a small electrical problem and she will be ready for action, only got a couple small jobs to do with it and i will take some photos/video and post soon Cheers Leroy
    G'day Leroy
    Must have been a very sad day you parted with the 222G (picture is on page 5). From what I know of Peter Riley's gear, it would have been probably the best in the country. Seems Peter is not all that good and is selling his last going Wabco. Shame really because he has been a great source of information and parts for my old darlings!

What is the nature of the electrical issues with your 111A?
    Cheers
    Gordon

Probationary Member

R.G.LeTourneau

My dad worked for R.G. LeTourneau for over 20 years until Wabco bought him out and then he transfered to the Wabco Drilling division. I have some pictures of some of the equipment that he helped build. He worked in the home plant at Peoria, Illinois.

Thumbs up Back at work

The seasons are finally looking better out here at last. Earthwork maintenance that has not been done for 5 years is now on the go
    About bl##dy time
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The light at the end of the tunnel is usually on oncoming train

Wabco 111A ; Guys does anyone know if and where you would find clackers and contactors for my 111 it has had some mods done to it and i would like to try and put it back to manufactures spec,s if any one can help please let me know Thankyou Leroy

Lightbulb Some ideas

Wabco 111A ; Guys does anyone know if and where you would find clackers and contactors for my 111 it has had some mods done to it and i would like to try and put it back to manufactures spec,s if any one can help please let me know Thankyou Leroy
    For "will fit parts" try an electrical contractor/supplier. Take the parts to him/her & show them what you want. 415 volt items, were available a few years back, when we were after them for a previous employers 111A.
    For NOS (new old stock) parts, try Alormac in Melbourne &/or Roy Story in Brisbane (if he's still in business) & failing that chase up old contractors who usually still have a secret (forgotten) cache of parts.
    Good luck
    The light at the end of the tunnel is usually on oncoming train

Leroy
    You could also try my contacts for parts: John McCalla in the US, mccallajmc@gmail.com or Dom-Ex LLC. Both these sources have been very useful in getting electrical bits for my old V Power.
    Cheers
    Gordon

Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast