Thread: case 450 dozer pulling problems

case 450 dozer pulling problems

I've got a case 450 dozer unsure on year. when we got the dozer the owner said the torque converter was just rebuilt. after running the tractor for about 30 min it will stop pulling the drive shaft stop turning. you let it set for a while and it will pull again for about 30 min again. what are some possible causes for this problem and how to fix them.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mffcl View Post
    I've got a case 450 dozer unsure on year. when we got the dozer the owner said the torque converter was just rebuilt. after running the tractor for about 30 min it will stop pulling the drive shaft stop turning. you let it set for a while and it will pull again for about 30 min again. what are some possible causes for this problem and how to fix them.
    thanks
    Check transmission fluid level , is it full , maybe the transmission filter clogged or collapsed , suction pump screen could be clogged . Do you have a service manual ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerbill63 View Post
    Check transmission fluid level , is it full , maybe the transmission filter clogged or collapsed , suction pump screen could be clogged . Do you have a service manual ?
    I think I we have the manual we haven't checked yet looking for a place to start checking

I think I we have the manual we haven't checked yet looking for a place to start checking
    Have you checked your transmission stick under your seat , is it on the full mark ? Also if you have a leaking transmission hose , it can suck air and cause tranny from pulling, If you remove your tranny filter , be sure you remove the valve in the filter and reinstall it in new filter , that valve cost $200.00 so be sure you remove it before discarding .
    Last edited by Dozerbill63; 12-30-2013 at 12:15 AM.

We haven't checked yet that is first on the list

We haven't checked yet that is first on the list
    Were you able to get your 450 pulling ?

Mffcl how u goin with it mate, Dozer bill has some good things to check 1st, I've got a head full of things to check.
    But unwed to tell us wat ur up to so as wee can help.

450 troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Cam85 View Post
    Mffcl how u goin with it mate, Dozer bill has some good things to check 1st, I've got a head full of things to check.
    But unwed to tell us wat ur up to so as wee can help.
    Hey Cam how are ya ? Guess our friend is too busy working on his 450 to talk !