Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: case 450 dozer pulling problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    great falls sc
    Posts
    3

    case 450 dozer pulling problems

    I've got a case 450 dozer unsure on year. when we got the dozer the owner said the torque converter was just rebuilt. after running the tractor for about 30 min it will stop pulling the drive shaft stop turning. you let it set for a while and it will pull again for about 30 min again. what are some possible causes for this problem and how to fix them.
    thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Repton , Al.
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by mffcl View Post
    I've got a case 450 dozer unsure on year. when we got the dozer the owner said the torque converter was just rebuilt. after running the tractor for about 30 min it will stop pulling the drive shaft stop turning. you let it set for a while and it will pull again for about 30 min again. what are some possible causes for this problem and how to fix them.
    thanks
    Check transmission fluid level , is it full , maybe the transmission filter clogged or collapsed , suction pump screen could be clogged . Do you have a service manual ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    great falls sc
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozerbill63 View Post
    Check transmission fluid level , is it full , maybe the transmission filter clogged or collapsed , suction pump screen could be clogged . Do you have a service manual ?
    I think I we have the manual we haven't checked yet looking for a place to start checking

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Repton , Al.
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by mffcl View Post
    I think I we have the manual we haven't checked yet looking for a place to start checking
    Have you checked your transmission stick under your seat , is it on the full mark ? Also if you have a leaking transmission hose , it can suck air and cause tranny from pulling, If you remove your tranny filter , be sure you remove the valve in the filter and reinstall it in new filter , that valve cost $200.00 so be sure you remove it before discarding .
    Last edited by Dozerbill63; 12-30-2013 at 12:15 AM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    great falls sc
    Posts
    3
    We haven't checked yet that is first on the list

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Repton , Al.
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by mffcl View Post
    We haven't checked yet that is first on the list
    Were you able to get your 450 pulling ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    108
    Mffcl how u goin with it mate, Dozer bill has some good things to check 1st, I've got a head full of things to check.
    But unwed to tell us wat ur up to so as wee can help.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Repton , Al.
    Posts
    56

    450 troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Cam85 View Post
    Mffcl how u goin with it mate, Dozer bill has some good things to check 1st, I've got a head full of things to check.
    But unwed to tell us wat ur up to so as wee can help.
    Hey Cam how are ya ? Guess our friend is too busy working on his 450 to talk !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •