Thread: Kubota KX 121-2 thermostat

Kubota KX 121-2 thermostat

Are there any special procedures to burping the air out of the cooling system after changing the thermostat? I have shop manuals on the way, they just haven't arrived yet? I appreciate y'all's info because I am in a jam!!!!

I'd run it with the radiator cap off from it and watch it until the fluid gos by once the stat opens. If it drops ad some more. I had valves (On my takeuchi) that were intended for a heater, as they were on the high side, I opened them a little until I had fluid coming out to make sure it didn't get air bound. I assume that you didn't have to drain the entire machine to replace the thermostat right?

Quote Originally Posted by jw3 View Post
    Are there any special procedures to burping the air out of the cooling system after changing the thermostat? I have shop manuals on the way, they just haven't arrived yet? I appreciate y'all's info because I am in a jam!!!!
    So far....... Kubota B7300 with backhoe - Kubota RTV900 - Kubota G6200h - Kubota K008-3 - (Just sold Takeuchi TB25 excavator)

No sir I didn't have to drain the radiator. I did pretty well what you described. I haven't had to add any more anti freeze as of yet.

I'd say you are fine then, I assume that the tem gauge is showing temperature up to the normal level?
    If the gauge was exceptionally low, or reading sporadically, I would suspect an air bind.
    I think from the sounds of things that you did it all right.

Quote Originally Posted by jw3 View Post
    No sir I didn't have to drain the radiator. I did pretty well what you described. I haven't had to add any more anti freeze as of yet.
    So far....... Kubota B7300 with backhoe - Kubota RTV900 - Kubota G6200h - Kubota K008-3 - (Just sold Takeuchi TB25 excavator)