Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jlg 40e "procedure fault"

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    Looks like we are on rain delay now. Thank you so much for your help so far. I will get back on it when it isn't raining and continue the saga...
    Sounds good
    If you want, I can give you a phone number and we can tackle this real-time.

Wow, that would be great. PM me and we will set something up. THANKS!!

I have been following the diagnostics to the T with exact same problem and same results, my question is did you guys get to a solution? Only difference is my JLG is a 35E. I'm at a stand still I've came back twice to this forum and registered I need to know what happened after the rain delay......please!

Well, after the delay, almost 2 years went by! I was very surprised to see a notification on this thread after all this time.

We ran through a long diagnostic sequence and voodoomojo ruled out some things, but it still wasn't working. I can't recall the exact sequence of what happened after that, but we determined that the used controller unit I bought was NOT working. I bought a NEW controller unit ($$$). Still not working but the error code was different (can't remember how.) I later got a new circuit board (the one in the middle behind the contactors.) No go. I tested the diodes connected to the board and two were bad, I replaced these. No dice. The thing had been sitting for a LONG time by then, so I thought maybe the motor brushes/commutators might be corroded, so I took the two drive motors to the local industrial motor shop; they rebuilt them ($$$$$$). FINALLY, the thing works.

I believe the problem was actually a combination of these, so the diagnostic sequence was VERY challenging. Thanks to VDM for his help as it did eliminate some issues.

Good luck, Buddy. If you even think there might be an issue with the motors, get them cleaned up and tested.

Thanks yeaaaa I'm lost, I get no light at all from the controller until I activate the pedal then I get the 2 flashes but I've gone down the same path you have and so far my results are all the same. Only thing I don't get is my boom platform will work rotate while I'm on the foot pedal but only way everything else operates is when I'm holding the steer button I get the bypass after reading this thread but I don't get why only the platform will rotate and nothing else works other then the steering. Thanks again for a response couple years later starting to think I got the same unit you gave might have gave up on! Hahaha!

No, you got his brother!

Lift rage. There are a lot of people on this forum that will help you walk through your issue if you have A little time. The reason basket rotate work us because it has it's own independent pump and valve there in the knuckle of the basket. Post a new thread with all the information about your machine what it is doing and what you have already looked at. People won't pY much attention to a really old thread. JJ.

Probationary Member
    i have a JLG n40e and i would like to by-pass the batteries and power it up via a single phase supply.

is it possible? does anyone know the voltages and currents that the JLG n40e runs on ?

regards

Probationary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    OK, here's what I have so far. With pedal depressed and any boom function switch activated, I have +48 at both sides of 7 amp fuse, at terminal 16 of the strip on the tach interface board (with it still plugged in), at the red/white connectors on the drive reverse contactor, and at the red/white connector on the change over relay. (The blue wire at the change over was zero.)
    I also have a 45e jlg, my 7 amp fuse keeps blowing so only the steering works. Any ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12