Thread: Mini Excavator Bucket Interchange??

Post Mini Excavator Bucket Interchange??

Good Morning,
    I have a question(s) that has been rattling around inside my head. Is there some type of standard of dimensions for the mounting of buckets on mini excavators? It seems rather odd that there would not be an industry standard of pin dia-meters, hole center distances, distances between the ears, at least within a size range. I have a Takeuchi TB035. No one seems to know of an interchange on buckets for this machine. Can you wise and experienced(you can see the des
    peration) ;-) folks, either point or push me in the right direction? Thank you.
    Regards,
    Bob

I was wondering about this also. Just bought a Kubota and found a 4 ft bucket from a Bobcat. Will they interchange.

They do not interchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I was wondering about this also. Just bought a Kubota and found a 4 ft bucket from a Bobcat. Will they interchange.

I am in the same situation myself (need a variety of buckets/ attachments). The route I am headed is transitioning from pin on attachments to quick coupler. I used draftsight to draw up coupler parts and attachment ears. I built the coupler and wood splitter (other post) and will be buying buckets without ears and using my drawings to have the ears cut out for the buckets and I will weld them on myself. My thinking behind this decision is #1 cost, #2 I hold my own drawings for all my required attachment parts (coupler, ears etc.). The down side is the time spent on drawings and phisically building up the parts. If one doesnt mind doing this kind of work it's really no big deal. I just got tired of searching for the right attachment method for my needs and being commited to that method evry time I wanted to add a new attacchment to my toy box. My machine is for personal use so cost does play a large part of this. So far the parts aren't "substandard" comparing them to factory (third party) parts. The only unknown for me is the test of time. I will report back with that later. My.02c only.

Interesting. On our 304 we were asked to remove 3 buckets found at a job site, and low and behold all 3 fit our machine, maybe it was a GREAT coincidence but hey we will take it. My thought for the most part was that they were pretty standard, when I look at bobcat excavator around the same size they sure do look like they would fit...
    Caterpillar 259B3
    Caterpillar 259B3
    Bobcat T190 Open Cab
    Bobcat T190 Closed Cab
    Bobcat A300
    Bobcat MT55
    Caterpillar 252B
    Caterpillar 299C
    Caterpillar 304CR
    New Holland C175
    Toro Dingo 22303

2013 - Fuso - FE160 3.0L
    2013 - Fuso - FE160 3.0L
    2012 - F250 6.7L
    2008 - F150 5.4L
    2007 - Fuso - FE84D 4.9L
    2007 - F750 Cummins ISB
    2006 - F650 Cummins ISB
    2006 - Ford LCF - 4.5L
    2006 - F250 5.4L
    2006 - F150 4.6L
    2005 - F650 CAT 7.2L
    2005 - F150 4.6L
    2005 - F550 6.0L
    2004 - F450 6.0L
    2003 - F350 6.0L
    2003 - F250 5.4L
    2003 - Chevy - Silverado 4.3L
    2001 - Chevy - Silverado 5.3L
    2001 - Fuso - FE639 3.9L
    2001 - F350 7.3L
    2000 - Chevy - Silverado 5.3L

I bought an old 3.5 ton kubota 5 months ago, it came with 2 small buckets that i will rearly use.
    I found a local bucket manufactor, where i bought a semi quick hitch and 4 new buckets, now im covered.
    The manufactor says that when i sell the machine, keep the buckets and he will make a new hitch which will fit the new machine and my buckets

Interesting thoughts. My TB035 has 40mm dia. pins, and roughly 5" between the inside bushing faces. Since the coupling to the second hole is semi flexible.........., is two out of three still a winner? Are there weight brackets that determine some dimensions?
    TCM, your approach is one that I have thought about also. At this point the sledge and aluminum pin are working. However it does not stop the sketches and detailed drawings......
    Thanks again,
    Bob