Thread: bobcat 863 oil change

bobcat 863 oil change

hey guys im ready to change all the fluids in my machine and was wondering how I could get ALL of the oil out of my motor/cooling system.. I've change the oil a bunch of time since I've owned the machine but can never get everything out... I will put fresh oil in and a few days later its black as can be. I guess from mixing in with the rest of the oil in the cooling system! Can anyone here give me any tricks tips/ know how on what I could or should do to drain the entire machine completely.. and is there a special process to re filling if its drain empty?

Quote Originally Posted by HootyHoo2012 View Post
    hey guys im ready to change all the fluids in my machine and was wondering how I could get ALL of the oil out of my motor/cooling system.. I've change the oil a bunch of time since I've owned the machine but can never get everything out... I will put fresh oil in and a few days later its black as can be. I guess from mixing in with the rest of the oil in the cooling system! Can anyone here give me any tricks tips/ know how on what I could or should do to drain the entire machine completely.. and is there a special process to re filling if its drain empty?
    you can remove the hoses from the block to the cooler, but i think the hoses run into the TOP of the engine cooler, you'd have to remove it to dump the oil out of it.

i've never seen a diesel that didnt have "dirty" oil in it within a few minutes run time after an oil change.