Thread: Have a few novice questions on a "new to me" 2003 JCB 214S

Have a few novice questions on a "new to me" 2003 JCB 214S

I appreciate being able to post here and have a couple questions. just aquired a low houred 214S backhoe. like it alot but had a few questions. 1. book said it should be able to do 20+ mph down the road, and i am barely doing 15, is there something wrong with it or is that normal? seems to go into gear fine and shuttle, but slow and going up a hill a little bit slower.

question #2 is that i wanted to get one with air conditioning but this one came along and it does not. i would think that it would be highly possible for someone to do a conversion and possibly even a conversion kit available, but i am not for sure. was wondering if anyone has done it and approx what it cost.

Thanks for the help.

Slow road speed is my biggest complaint with my JCB. On flat ground it will do 20-25mph, but as soon as I hit a decent hill I'm down in 2nd which I would guess is around 7-8mph. The 214S is a entirely different and much bigger machine than mine, but I would assume it has a comparable power to weight ratio.