I installed the new contact relay(CR11) today and reworked the ground wires for all the relays in the vicinity etc. I have an initial positive result as I hooked everything back up and tied the two red terminal one controller wires together but did not install them on the controller (everything else was hooked up). I turned the key in the on position and tested the continuity on the red wires and had good results. I didn't have time to fire the engine up though and I'm thinking I may send off the controller to have it tested before I do so etc.
One thing I did find and I wanted to hear your feedback on is that the red wire that comes from the main harness and goes to terminal one on the controller I found that it was rubbing on the post of the power relay in the photo below. Not sure if this would be the culprit of my problem or not as I tested this wire by itself not hooked to the controller.