Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 66

Thread: Kubota kx057-4 troubles

  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    The guys here recon there is nothing wrong with my machine... HAHA. trying to tell me the mower is the problem, the mower which THEY matched to the machine! they wouldnt comment on the digging/lifting problems, just kept saying the only problem is the mower! IT'S NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM! If anyone else has more luck. Berry I'd really appreciate anything you get out of your guys.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144
    Had a look at JCB 8065, Yanmar Vio55, KobelcoSK 55SRX, bobcat E50, Cat 305, Volvo 58 and Kubota 057. Kubota had nice cab but you can't see the right hand side of the blade and compared to bobcat parts pricing they were 222% more expensive.
    JCB looked but once again vision to the right side of the blade was poor and their parts pricing compared to Bobcat was 198% more expensive
    Kobelco had a nice simple and large cab with minimal electronics but again the parts are expensive being 192% more expensive than Bobcat
    Cat didn't have the new 305E series in stock so i can't tell but if it is similar to D series then vision and cab OK and parts compared to Bobcat were only 95% the price of Bobcat.
    Volvo was nice with some vision restrictions but breakout and other performance indicators not as good as BC. Parts are good though being 97% the price of BC.
    I am leaning towards BCE50 with angle blade. Only bitch I have is that on a BC E35 that we sometimes hire in the front window rattles and the E50 has the same mechanism.
    any comments
    Firetrack

  3. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by DGMM View Post
    The guys here recon there is nothing wrong with my machine... HAHA. trying to tell me the mower is the problem, the mower which THEY matched to the machine! they wouldnt comment on the digging/lifting problems, just kept saying the only problem is the mower! IT'S NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM! If anyone else has more luck. Berry I'd really appreciate anything you get out of your guys.

    Well I went to kubota this morning. I was able to show the main guy in the shop what some of the problems were,, he did agree things should work better. The machine is fast and stout as can be when using one motion. Use two three or try four and you better give up...the shop is two weeks behind and they moved me to the front.. I can't complain about there service that is for sure!! I will post any news I get

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NewJersey
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by firetrack View Post
    Had a look at JCB 8065, Yanmar Vio55, KobelcoSK 55SRX, bobcat E50, Cat 305, Volvo 58 and Kubota 057. Kubota had nice cab but you can't see the right hand side of the blade and compared to bobcat parts pricing they were 222% more expensive.
    JCB looked but once again vision to the right side of the blade was poor and their parts pricing compared to Bobcat was 198% more expensive
    Kobelco had a nice simple and large cab with minimal electronics but again the parts are expensive being 192% more expensive than Bobcat
    Cat didn't have the new 305E series in stock so i can't tell but if it is similar to D series then vision and cab OK and parts compared to Bobcat were only 95% the price of Bobcat.
    Volvo was nice with some vision restrictions but breakout and other performance indicators not as good as BC. Parts are good though being 97% the price of BC.
    I am leaning towards BCE50 with angle blade. Only bitch I have is that on a BC E35 that we sometimes hire in the front window rattles and the E50 has the same mechanism.
    any comments
    Firetrack
    Didn't even know Cat had an E series out not listed on there website yet.. checked them out online looks like they have raised the bar very suite unit..

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    219
    I own a kubota 057 and love it have about 15O hours on it now and its great. We owned a 94 kx 151 and it was slow but strong but had some of the same hydrualic control issues. The new machine does slow when you move the blade and arm while traveling but so did my new holland, my kx 151, and my pc 120. I dont know its wrong or not but its fine for me.
    2006 F-350 Utility body
    2003 GMC 2500 HD
    2011 Chevy 2500 HD
    2006 F-250
    1995 GMC 3500 Flatbed
    2001 Mack RD single axle
    1985 PC120
    2011 KX 057
    2005 Bobcat S300

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    18
    Dealer ran the pressures on my machine. They were to spec, Of course. That doesn't mean there isn't a problem. They told me they will be in touch with kubota monday.. What really sux is I'm not making any money with my brand new machine!! Payments don't wait...

  7. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by DGMM View Post
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone is having dramas with the new kx series excavator. I've got a 2011 kx057-4 which I'm having hydraulic problems with. Basically hydraulics are super slow/weak when using more than one function and attachments ie flail mower rapidly winds down to about half speed every time you you move any other part of the machine. Kubota are very reluctant to admit a problem but just today they have told me that there may be an inherent problem with these new machines and need to get an answer from kubota in japan before they will tell me what the go is.
    Has anyone else had issues and were they sorted any faster than the six monthes it's taken me?
    Well now my drama story will begin....i thought maybe i didnt get a POS but i guess i did.......As everyone has read i have similar problems to "DGMM" little or no movement when trying to multifunction with my machine, also blade interupts travel very abruptly and blade overrides with little pressure....monday with 114 hours i took my machine to the dealer...Service men are very cool and have done business with for years..tuesday morning i was asked to demonstrate some issues..i thought all was well when i left, they agreed something was wrong...friday afternoon they finished up with pressures and everything was spec...still willing to agree something is wrong, they bumped the pressure a little on one side...since i need my machine, i will be taking it back to the job i bought it for and work it until some factory reps can show up to demonstrate the problems to... DGMM, did they have any idea what the inherent problem might be? does the blade on your machine over ride real easy? Does your machine seem to get worse as the day goes on? I use mine every day and log at least 7 -8 hours of machine operating time, digging stumps, covering holes, clearing underbrush and small trees. I have to pile and burn it too,,thats when u really need to multifunction... it is nice to own a 60,000 dollar POS!!!!!!

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    I've just spent a week in the big smoke (400ks away!) trying to sort this out. tested new machines at kubota which seem to be no faster than mine. Mabey I'm just looking for it? I think that the guys here have decided that there is nothing wrong, so they arent being very helpful anymore. I realise that there will always be some slowing of other functions but not this much. I caught up with other owners, some who were happy some who were not. I even tried a guys machine who was happy as Larry with it, In my opinion his machine was slow too???
    Berry, yeah my blade interfeers with tramming, which, if I understand correctly, it shouldn't. I thought that pump #1 did one track, pump #2 did the other and the auxilery pump operated the blade, shouldnt this mean the blade cant interfeer with tramming?
    I dont think mine gets worse I just get more frustrated as the day goes on so I notice it more!!!

  9. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    18
    I did pick my machine up last night and was able to work it all day.... It was noticeably better....the tech explained to me that the right side was 70 psi below max spec...he did turn it to max,,, He wouldn't give to much more info.....after operating all day I now understand more what is wrong....boom up and down and bucket curl and dump are on one circuit and stick in and out and spin left or right are on another.... boom and bucket were/ are so much slower than stick and turn,,, you can't get smoothe.... With the 70 psi added,,, mine was like a new machine.. Still needs a little more psi though, I think 30 to 50 may get it.. The movements still arent quite equal.... May just have to deal with the blade,, but it shouldn't do what it does. My boom cylinder has a scratch the length of the shaft..it has to be warranted.. I am going to try to get them to turn it up a little more and set the blade over ride a little stiFfer...if I can get that my machine would be nice... DGMM, u may want to see if your pressures are maxed, or just within specs....I never would have believed 70 psi would make that much difference but it did...

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by DGMM View Post
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone is having dramas with the new kx series excavator. I've got a 2011 kx057-4 which I'm having hydraulic problems with. Basically hydraulics are super slow/weak when using more than one function and attachments ie flail mower rapidly winds down to about half speed every time you you move any other part of the machine. Kubota are very reluctant to admit a problem but just today they have told me that there may be an inherent problem with these new machines and need to get an answer from kubota in japan before they will tell me what the go is.
    Has anyone else had issues and were they sorted any faster than the six monthes it's taken me?
    Was wondering if u were able to get kubota to tell you what the problem was....150 hours.....with 70 more psi all new fluid and filters.....still having problems with my machine....I now have called the corporate office...will see what they say .......

  11. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    I've been meaning to ask how you got on. You've been a bit quiet so I thought it was all good.I'm not getting anywhere with the dealer or Kubota. I,ve now had a lawyer write a letter of demand, to either fix the problem or a full refund. It's a pity it has come to this but what can you do when no one will help. The lawyer thinks they are in breach of some advertising laws & promises.

  12. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    18
    It seems my machine has developed a personality, sometimes smooth as silk,,,,,, sometimes stick in and out and turret and travel are in high speed while everything else is slow...then you have the all operations slow with no power....I have been messing with the operations and there are times it acts the same at half throttle as it does wide open....then there is the wobble,,sometimes it shakes like a vibrating bed in an old motel.... It also never seems to run at the same RPM...2381 when you start in the morning and later in the day may get as low as 2340....seems strange....I have been waiting a month for a factory rep...still haven't seen one...now the dealer doesn't return my call..... Cooperate office said I would hear back from them by today.... In the mean time the piston on my main cylinder still has an imperfection the length of it......it seems people get their money and don't care....if you don't mind DGMM would you pm me your info machine info and ill do the same we can work together......

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NewJersey
    Posts
    38
    Damn shame you spend 60-70k on a machine and the manufacturer does not stand behind there product !!!

  14. #29
    Senior Member joispoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Drifter
    Posts
    1,105
    Does anybody know if a 2005 u25-3 would share the same design flaws?
    "You can't have 'no' in your heart." - Joe Dirt

  15. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Peter View Post
    Damn shame you spend 60-70k on a machine and the manufacturer does not stand behind there product !!!
    You've got that right!!!!! i guess the problem is, everyone doesnt have 60k in cash to pay for the machine out right....since i/we finance the machine and sign a contract, they have u by the nads..... if i was rich i would park this thing in there show room and get me a caterpillar!!!! i hate to say it....May be made of chinese metal, but that 305 is smooth like water skiing on glass....if the kubota would operate correctly, it would be the best mini ex in its class.....built very well!!! bad operation!!! i wonder if our machines were built friday at beer thirty or monday morning after a hard weekend? wonder if a hydraulic line got crossed when the plummed it...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •