Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hydraulic license

need one in rhode island, i think its more of a northeast / mid atlantic state thing. got mine in 2000, it says payloader/backhoe which means its everything but a crane and ithink fork lift. its the first thing they ask for if you hit a service when digging in the street or i've seen osha come on a job and ask who runs what machine and were's your operators license, you'll get a fine and the job will get shut down if no one has one ( seen it happen). as for questions i found i pretty easy it was common sense for the most part. all the questions are true/false or mutiple choice. i think it was like 40 or50 questions example ( that color does digsafe use for water BLUE than four questions down it says digsafe uses blue to mark what service WATER so they are pretty easy ) well that was my experince getting my license and you need the passport pic and something written on company letter head saying you have used a machine before.

Charter Member
    I got mine in the middle or late 70's era. At that time, it was 10 written, 10 verbal questions per section, and, they watched you run a machine. They use to set it up at local highway dpt's or large construction companies, and on Friday tests, Saturday watch you run a machine for whatever it was you pursued. I'm sure this has changed 15 different times since then.
    this morning I woke up with nothing to do. It is now afternoon and I have over half of it done..

something written on company letter head saying you have used a machine before.
    How do you show them a letter stating you have used the machine, if you arent suppsed to use one w/o a license? J/c if there is something like you must have 10-15 hours run time on the machine supervised before you go take your test. Sounds to me like just a revenue generator. If you dont mind me asking, about how much is the test? How ong is it good for

Quote Originally Posted by thejdman04 View Post
    How do you show them a letter stating you have used the machine, if you arent suppsed to use one w/o a license? J/c if there is something like you must have 10-15 hours run time on the machine supervised before you go take your test. Sounds to me like just a revenue generator. If you dont mind me asking, about how much is the test? How ong is it good for
    This reminds me of when I went to permit my first commerical building. I needed a commercial G/C license to get a permit. Even though this was my personal office I was building I could not get a permit. Well the G/C license board wouldn't give me the license because I have not built any commercial buildings. Can't get a license without experience and can't get experience without a license. Gotta love the gov't.

Quote Originally Posted by thejdman04 View Post
    i dont know thats just what they ask for a passport photo , the letter and the money . i dont remember how much it was something like 50 bucks maybe, it was less than 100 though. its good for one year you renew it on the month of your birthday and its 35 dollars to renew

http://www.dlt.ri.gov/profregs/HoistMain.htm

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by CM1995 View Post
    Can't get a license without experience and can't get experience without a license. Gotta love the gov't.
    thats the samething with cdl driving , most companys say min 24 years old and min 3years exp. i was lucky and got a company that put me in a truck when a was 18 and i've been driven since

sitereadysteve

Quote Originally Posted by Lashlander View Post
    You guys need a license to run something hydraulic?
    I offer a course 3 hours $100.to prepair you for 2A hydraulics licence in massachusetts .call me @ 508 294 2781

Ya know Countryboy you are very polite! I think that you have not missed one new member to welcome them to HEF, and I must add we have had allot of new members. I think Sir Digger and Steve should make you the official welcoming committee. Steve how come all the new members, congrats on that. You banned one and gained 20!

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Ya know Countryboy you are very polite! I think that you have not missed one new member to welcome them to HEF, and I must add we have had allot of new members. I think Sir Digger and Steve should make you the official welcoming committee. Steve how come all the new members, congrats on that.
    Your to kind.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    You banned one and gained 20!
    Who got banned........

You deserve it Very nice of ya

sitereadysteve

Hey country boy .We got a lot in common I was a farmer,guess I always will be,I worked for deere you like em ,also bobcat,Im still a cattle auctioneer and sell materials for one of my old customers full time.

in mass its 75.00 for the test 8.00 for passport picture 75.00 for d.o.t phyical all of the above has to be mailed to d.p.s in boston if you get caugth operating without a lic first offence 1000.00 fine second fine and jail

sitereadysteve

If you know anybody who wants a prep course let me know $100. 3 hour course includes the book to study and we have the applications at the course.I hold them in Dartmouth Ma.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb345 View Post
    in mass its 75.00 for the test 8.00 for passport picture 75.00 for d.o.t phyical all of the above has to be mailed to d.p.s in boston if you get caugth operating without a lic first offence 1000.00 fine second fine and jail
    Wow!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast