Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Caterpillar 631A scaper

WANTED: Caterpillar 631A scaper/ Allis Chalmers 562

Hi, I know this is the chat area, but I thought I would at least ask, I am looking for a Caterpillar 631A scraper for parts or to restore, these are cable operated pans, serial number starts with 51F.
    At this point I would look at anything available in North America, I have tried many adds in numerous places and talked to many old contractors, with no luck, so Thanks for any possible leads.

Thanks for letting me share, so for anyone interested I have a few photos, and a few old clips of Cat 631A's in action.

I saw a number of posts about AC 562 scrapers, but never saw anyone with recent photos, so here is a photo of one of the last 562's which I have been looking at to buy, still negociating.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by oldtrucks1946; 11-16-2011 at 12:16 AM.

I haven't seen any 631's A's or B's in years. I currently live in Washington State I do know where two DW21's are, I still have a lot of friends living in California, and I still have a couple of friends that by and sell all kinds of construction equiptment. I will contact them and have them look for that special 631A. Contact Scarsella Brothers Construction in Seattle Washington I ran a 631B about 16 years a go for them, they just might have a 631A sitting some place. Talk to Don Scarsella he's the owner and they have lots of old equiptment including four sets of quad D9G's they still run. Send me your e-mail address Mike Nebergall

I'll bet most of those wound up turned into water wagons or hooked to rollers a long time ago.. but I hope you can come up with one.. or a 630A if that fails. Good luck hunting.
    Might try National Hardware Supply in Madera, California. They wind up with a lot of old stuff. Anybody that likes old stuff ought to visit their yard. Lots of vintage stuff there. They had a number of 630B/632's when I visited in 2008.

Their website here..
    http://www.buydozers.com/default.htm
    Last edited by alan627b; 11-16-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Retro Grading, We Do Modern Jobs With Antique Machinery"

I know these are dismantled listings BUT... a guy might call some of them to find out just how far they have been dismantled...

http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/...631&mdlx=exact
    http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/...31A&mdlx=exact

This might be saveable...check it out! http://www.rosenauenterprises.com/gallery.php

A couple of 631A related links.. http://www.theconstructionindex.co.u...scraper-photos

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/flipse/scraper.htm

I think the best I could do for ya is a guy a couple miles from me who used to run an old wash plant and crushing plant. He has a 621A that he used up until 4 years ago. Pretty sure he still has it along with a D8H, 2 American 40 ton excavators, a Bucyrus Erie 30B, a couple Cat No. 12s and a whole bunch of other stuff.

HI, Thanks to everyone for the leads, Not much left at these places, I bought and picked up the CCU from G&G Kline last spring, that was all that was left there. I did make arrangements to get a few other pieces from the other places and that was it!
    Other than that those were the only places I found over the last few years.

If you go on you tube and find "diesel power tv" I believe is the guys site he and his dad have A TON of old BIG Caterpillar stuff down in Texas. Dunno if they wanna sell but they have tons of cable stuff and old scrapers and D9g and H equipment. Good luck! Wish I could afford to restore ol iron

Name:  631A (Small).jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  81.9 KBName:  631A (Small).jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  81.9 KBThe one picured from Rosenau Enterprises still seems pretty complete.... might be worth a look. On the other hand, there still seem to be a goodly number of 631B's around..if you can come up with an "A" bowl the rest would be heavy lifting and a lot of wrenching... good luck hunting.

http://www.rosenauenterprises.com/
    Quote from the description... "We have taken some of the parts off of this machine already. Have the transmision final drive and rear end. Have the whole pan with two tires. "

Alan

Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by alan627b; 11-17-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Two low serial number 631A's (51F 200's) parked up in a field at the end of the Northern Motorway in Christchurch New Zealand
    Both are complete and have cabs
    Long drive to Canada though

Well first ones that showed up, and yes a long ways away, thats too bad, any photos that you could email me??

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/bfs/3112489485.html
    Might be worth a look if a 631B will do.. $7000 each.. choice of 4.. good luck in your hunt.
    Alan

A few years ago I was driving through Wyoming, and saw a gang(at least 10) of old Cat scrapers sitting right beside I-80 outside of Cheyenne, just a little to the west of the Walmart distribution center.Didn't get to stop and investigate,much as I wanted to,but did notice several were models with the rear tires "in the saddle". Highly possible one could be a 631A, if they're still there. They looked to have been sitting there for a long time. I'd say last time I was through there would've been summer 2008.Worth a look if anyone is in the vicinity.

im pretty sure tireman is talking about platte valley cons. i used to work for them, i bet they would be happy to sell you an old 31a. look in cheyenne directory if nothing try grande island nebraska
    this is what you got, make something happen.

Mostly all they have sitting out side of Cheyenne is 641's at Platte Valley const. They may have and old waterwagon that has a 631A tractor there.

Mostly all they have sitting out side of Cheyenne is 641's at Platte Valley const. They may have and old waterwagon that has a 631A tractor there. I will take a drive out by there this weekend and see what they have sitting around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast