Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford 555b transmission help needed

Just got the Repair Manual in today I ordered off ebay. Think It is the Transmission Dump Valve Solenoid, Anyone have a line on Ford parts reasonably priced?

Thanks

Anyone needing any info out of the manual I just bought let me know I will be glad to scan and email.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I dunno if they have that part but Yesterday's Tractor has got some pretty good prices and selection even for tractors that are not that old. Also they sell the same aftermarket parts (Tisco) that you find at the Ford/NH/CNH dealers for lots less. Most stuff I get next day, there must be a warehouse nearby.

http://www.ytmag.com/parts/

Got manual in today. Think It is the transmision dumo valve solenoid.

Thanks for the info

look up joseph industries if you have part# you can check on line for stock good prices fast serice TB

that part will be a dealer item,,,,,,,http://www.messicks.com/,,,,,,,,,could be in the controls for the dump (transmission by pass valve) as by my previos post switch on lever for front bucket,,,brake pedal and maybe a foor switch on floor board i'm sure a person with knowage to rebuild the items that you posted would know about this transmission by pass valve

555b Backhoe Dump Valve

I have narrowed down a problem with my 555b backhoe to the Dump valve not working.
    Can anyone tell me how to tell if the tractor has a syncronazed transmision or not.
    New Holland has two diffrent one and need to know if it is or not

Thanks

anlricks, I merged this post and the next post by jimg984 from a new thread you had started with this thread. The subject of your post is directly related to this thread that you have already started and did not need a new thread. Please avoid starting new threads concerning a topic you are already working with at another thread as it causes info to be separated and near impossible for readers to follow. Thanks, Willie59
    Last edited by willie59; 10-06-2011 at 09:05 PM.

the dump/transmission bypass valve is the hydruaic flow valve,,, not the gears,,, you seem to be missing my points about this is problem

Picked up the hoe today. the poor guy I bought her from spent thousands on rtepairs. I crawled under her and found the wires to the dump valce sylinoid were cut. Going to hook them up tomorrow. I think this will solve the issue of no movement.

Was it the dump valve sylinoid?

Not sure yet. Just got her home. Sure think so. All the wiring to it and to the lever and floor switch was all cut away. Instead of fixing this problem the previous owners great mechanic broke the tractor and bypassed the dump valve somehow. Now I hav to break it apart again and undo that and then replace the sylinoid and wiring.

i think what was by passed would be the controls [foot switch, and dump lever switch] also the for wiring for controls,, i would say its impossible to bypass internal on that solenoid valve...........you need someone with knowledge to trouble shoot that solenoid valve,,,,,,,,,as i said from the start hard to believe that someone with enough knowledge to replace those parts would miss a solenoid valve that controls movement,,,,, this a shuttle shift from forward to reverse?????

Thanks I said the same thing the guy he was paying to work on it wound up selling him a newer backhoe. Think this was his intention the whole time. I have ordered a new sylinoid, all the wiring is trashed guess ill oreder that and replace it all maby ill have her moving again if they didn't mess something else up.

I have a 1986 555b. Runs fine when it's cold, gets hot, dumps the hydraulic fluid out of the bell housing. What could be my problem?? Need help ASAP. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast