Thread: Komatsu excavator control selector?

Komatsu excavator control selector?

Do komatsu excavators have a control pattern selector (backhoe style)? To be specific a pc78? If so were would the selector be located?

Thanks,
    John

My mid 90's PC40-8 doesn't. I just switched around the pilot control hoses on the valve body block to switch control pattern.

Jim

Don't get too high tech about it. So you want to swap boom and stick from left to right joystick. Follow the hoses from the boom cylinder to the valve. Same for the stick. After putting color coded plastic ties to mark where they were, disconnect the pilot hoses and swap them. simple things for simple people. I am a simple person. werks fer me.
    ALL SYSTEMS GO !

Jca,

Your PC78-6 or PC78-8 should have a pattern control changer as standard equipment. The changer is located in the small compartment door on the left side of the machine just below the cab door. Simply back out the lock nut, switch the lever to whichever position you want (SAE=Backhoe, ISO= Excavator) and lock down the lock nut. This is a 5 minute operation, tops.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you make out.

Best,
    Tony
    "Man who go through airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok"

Is this machine gray market or domestic?

Some gray market machines have a six position selector that looks like a barrel with hoses connecting to it all around. Domestic machines never have that.

Some domestic machines have the two position selectors but I'm not familiar where they might be located.