Thread: Case Yellow Paint

Case Yellow Paint

We are looking to re paint our 1840s and 1845s skidsteers, and can't seem to find the Case Yellow code, or where to buy it? Also where to get new stickers would be nice to know as well.

According to Case, that's not yellow, it's "Power Tan". I got mine from the Case dealer, but I was only doing one machine.
    Good Luck.
    "Don't sweat the petty things, and, don't pet the sweaty things." That's what I live by.

I would check with Tractor Supply or Napa. I use Napa's industrial coatings enamel on trailers, tractors implements etc. I know they have a premix for Cat, John Deere, Ford and IH along with others. You can use it with or without a hardner, I always use the hardner.

John

I have used NAPA's Cat yellow before and found that it color is quite a bit off. If you are not mixing brands it might be okay.

Try Diamond Vogel Paints. Just Google them for the #. I really like their paint and its alot cheaper than Sherwin Williams or Napa. We always buy in 5 gal. buckets.

I've painted a couple demo derby / race cars with Cat Yellow Napa paint. It looked close, but then again I never parked the car next to any Cat machinery. Most paint outfits can match a color to your Case color. Probably what I'll end up doing for Old Cat Yellow for a future project unless anybody here has any other sources.

Hey Diggin,

Which paint of theirs do you use - the industrial coatings or heavy duty coatings?

John

I am a former case mechanic the colour is case power tan and you can get it at any case dealer Ag/Const it comes in a spray bomb or in a gallon/quart for use in a spray gun. The decals will be available thru parts dept they should be able to order them or at least point you in the right direction they may be pricy though.
    Hitachi EX270 6790Hrs W/HYD thumb
    Case 465 Skid steer 2490Hrs
    International T/A Dump truck 16' Box
    14' Elec/HYD T/A Dump trailer W/Ramps
    F-350 Crew cab disel with service body welder/air comp.
    Peterbilt 379L with wet kit/tridem lowboy and all the goodies
    Double drop T/A lowboy "FOR SALE"

Heavy Ag Mechanic bye trade, A self employed O/O bye heart.

You can probably get the decals made by a good local decal guy.He'll just need to see the old ones.Should be able to save a bunch of cash that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    We are looking to re paint our 1840s and 1845s skidsteers, and can't seem to find the Case Yellow code, or where to buy it? Also where to get new stickers would be nice to know as well.
    Coming from someone that repainted his 1840, here is a few recommendations
    AS usual, clean clean clean clean, sand sand sand sand, cover all exposed cylinder rams, if the paint gets on the ram it might wipe your seal out. A skidsteer is one of the hardest machines to clean and paint. I got a decalsign shope guy to come and take pictures of the decals. I dont remember what he charged, but it was about half what Case wanted
    I painted it with Napa industrial coating Cat yellow. The paint held up pretty good for a while, then it started to fade. I went to Cat yellow, because I thought that original paint was UGLY.
    After this, I never used the industrial coating to paint a machine, even though I still use it on dump truck bodies and truck frames. I use single stage paint, for all machines, it just holds up better, cost a little more, but its worth it.
    I use Napa and Nasson brand, they are on the lower end price and still real good. If you want to keep it the same color most Napa stores has a paint gun that can get real close to the original color. I never was impressed with Case paint either, nor Cat paint
    Dont forget clean and sand and its a job to do it on these machines
    Good Luck

Thanks for all of the suggestions, we have contacted a nearby Case dealer and will be checking Napa this week. I'll try to get some before and after pictures of the fleet to post on here.

We painted our 580L and then used the case color on a tag trailer about 3 years ago no rust yet paint was 40$ a gallon at dealer also did a 1845C about 6 years ago then traded but it came out great

What color are you guys painting the ROPS cage?

We would love to see some pictures after the pain job is complete.