Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Loading Logging Truck Photos

Self Loading Logging Truck Photos

There must be lots of good material for people to post of the Self Loaders,Their definetly a world unto themself.Half truck- half machine,A truly independent aspect of logging.These few were in Campbell River,Vancouver Island B.C. last year.I see there is a thread for loaders on trucks,which is a bit different,this would be the same truck to load and haul.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by skadill; 02-25-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Can you tell us why some of the loaders go over the cab and others go over the trailer? In the states most self loader loaders are somewhat centered on the truck this has to do with weight limits on roads and highways.

Here's some photos of my self loader. Summer 2006. A very good summer.

Cool pics, here in Scandinavia we mostly use Timbertrucks with cranes on.

Here´s a really sweet looking one http://www.bergsfegen.se/bilder_nytt.php?news_id=177

And here are loads of photos with selfloading trucks.
    http://timmerpojkarna.se/lastbilarna...arnaindex.html
    Just click the Date links for pics

And some trucks are equipped with detachable crane, here is a old infomercial about that
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsXWISiHGE

self loader

This Ford is about the longest surviving short log truck in the Lower Mainland of B.C. that continues working(more like has survived the economy),they have a pair of them,a common daily sight anywhere around here to see.

heres a 3000 Crown self loader that i'd bought some years ago,junked the truck frame was really really bad, put the loader on a western star then later a kenworth that came from revelstoke bc

1979 western star and 3000 crown a later one built by danebo in eugene oregon

1989 kenworth and same crown loader

I love the three log load. Did that truck actually put those on or did A bigger shovel? I am not A logger so any info would be greatly appreciated. If it did...RESPECT!!!!!
    Last edited by Jdigger4130; 02-28-2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: didnt connect to picture

Quote Originally Posted by Jdigger4130 View Post
    I love the three log load. Did that truck actually put those on or did A bigger shovel? I am not A logger so any info would be greatly appreciated. If it did...RESPECT!!!!!
    I did load the bunk logs and the peaker on the middle load the peaker the top log was the 4th cut of the same tree that the butt cut,bottom picture and 2nd cut top picture. Idid have to have help with the butt and 2nd cut. Butt was 5 and a half feet across, rotten and surprisingly light all three loads were well under 80,000 lbs.

I have a question. Why are self-loading log trucks used? The reason I ask is in the SE US most logging operations have a trailer mounted loader they haul to the site, set up and load trailers out. They may have several landings it it's a big site.

I'm not a logger, just curious. Thanks
    Take what you win, run what you brung

Forum Rules and Posting Troubles for New Members

How to post pictures

Part-time Moderator, Full-time Spam Hunter

Here's a self loader getting some help we went around one day and loaded oversize with the grapple yarder the Stink Belts i mean Link belts couldn't lift ( hehe). The first pic is loading a big old fir, the self loader is just helping to guide the one end onto bunk . second pic is driving a away , then i walked to the edge of road and took a pic of him dumping the log into the water, snapped the picture right when log hit the water . pictures taken in Bear bay Bute inlet in 1999 .
    We don't stop playin because we grow old !
    We grow old because we stop playin !

Quote Originally Posted by CM1995 View Post
    I have a question. Why are self-loading log trucks used? The reason I ask is in the SE US most logging operations have a trailer mounted loader they haul to the site, set up and load trailers out. They may have several landings it it's a big site.

I'm not a logger, just curious. Thanks
    For me its convenient, sometimes the landowner would rather not have a large landing built every place I generate a load. I do a lot of small jobs salvage,clean-up things that the big boys don't want to mess with. I do have a loader that I use when I have the space and production that warrants moving it in.
    Last edited by CM1995; 03-01-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Thanks, I am A big enthusiast of ALL the log gear and had no idea A Crown had that much pump! Thanks

Self loaders are also used for small two three truck load loads. In the SE US or anywhere you would bring in a log loader which adds to the cost of the small job. Here the self loader is two machines a loader and a truck. Now it can’t carry the same amount of wood due to the loader however does save time and money.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast