Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Komastu diagnostic software

Very interesting, are you implying that this is evidence of a dealer diagnostic connection?

Probationary Member

Thumbs up Komatsu software

Hello gentelmen. I was readn a few of the conversations pertaining to Komatsu software. Iam a field mechanic for a dealer in Chicago. The only diagnostics applicable with a laptop is the Cummins engine harness for Insite. On the late model loaders you can access the J1939 plug behind the cab seat under sheet metal. Not very accessible. We have the parts manuals and service manuals on a memory software card called Lacie. It has to b down loaded from Komatsu.U have info from 1950 to present on there so you dont have to carry so many books or rely on your local parts department.

BLSROCKS can you email me at tool_king@hotmail.com Would like to ask you a couple of private questions
    THANKS
    ED

how can we downlod it, that will make life easier:jey_c@hotmail.fr

Probationary Member
    Hi I have a pc200-8, I saw my Komatsu mechanic punch in a sequence on the keypad to prong up a diagnostics screen... Does anyone know what the sequence is?? Thanks.

BLSROCKS
    Can you please call me at 1-201-832-1606 .Would like to talk to you.Thanks ED

i worked for Komatsu for almost 15 years there is no software needed to run diagnostics. It is all on board in
    monitior's....only Instite for Cummins service and trouble shooting.....is needed for some komatsu's...
    then it is hooked up at ecm in engine area...
    Edward Kresa

edkresa@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrKomatsu View Post
    i worked for Komatsu for almost 15 years there is no software needed to run diagnostics. It is all on board in
    monitior's....only Instite for Cummins service and trouble shooting.....is needed for some komatsu's...
    then it is hooked up at ecm in engine area...
    This is correct. No diagnostic port available. Only an engine diagnostic port for Cummins' Insite. Some, not all, but some of the larger loaders (WA600+), Excavators (PC800+), and rigid haul trucks (HD785+, 730E+) are equipped with VHMS( Vehicle Health Monitoring System) and Payloader for the trucks.

The model selectoin harness is only used to select model you currently have....some controllers are use in several models and the harness is what tell the controller if you have a pc300lc-6 or a pc400lc-6....no laptop is used on komatsu.except for insit.....keep the peace ya'll
    Edward Kresa

edkresa@gmail.com

Hi I have a pc200-8, I saw my Komatsu mechanic punch in a sequence on the keypad to prong up a diagnostics screen... Does anyone know what the sequence is?? Thanks.
    I sent this the pages form the manual to do this to some else a little while ago,

PM me an email address and i will send it to you

Guys pretty new here in engine parts, as i focus mainly on the hydraulic parts,

Can i ask you guys, for komatsu most of the machines excavators, and bulldozers are using cummins engines right? Enlightened me please on this,

Will there be any possibility for me to know lets say PC400-8 komatsu what cummins engine model they are using? Anyone can enlightened me on this again.

Thank you

What I have seen is that in the larger Komatsu machines they are using their own engines. SD170, SD140 and SD125 were the old designations. I've still seen the Cummins clones in the smaller machines, PC120, PC150 small loader and so on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12