Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Komastu diagnostic software

Talking Komastu diagnostic software

Does any one run Komatsu diagnostic software for excavators on their laptops?And if so were can I get it.

There is no diagnostic software for Komatsu excavators. You can access diagnostic information from the monitor panel. Depending on what series you have determines what buttons and sequence is needed to access service portion of monitor panel. There is some us for laptops on very large Komatsu excavators and shovels.

As I recall there was always provision to hook up a laptop on Dash 6 and later machines. I think the local dealer only set up one laptop for that use but no one I know ever used it. The monitor panel worked well enough for all the problems I've ever ran across.

I think your right John C. If you went to Komastu I am sure they sell you the software but be prepared to spend several thousand $$$.

Very confident that there is no sofware used by the dealer. If there is, being a mechanic for Komatsu, I would be mad at my boss for not getting it.

you're right coalrulz, the best way is to use the diagnose system of the monitor panel.
    By the way while diagnose a PC300 dash 6 i've got an error E303, does any body knows if it means any abnormality?

was not able to find code E303 listed in PC300-6 service manual I looked at. E306 is abnormality in potentiometer feedback system. E308 abnormality in fuel control dial input value

I'm pulling this from memory now but when the PC300-6 first showed up here there were a few machines that had that code. The Komatsu rep was a friend mine who told me that code was supposedly for a factory automated grease system that never got put on the machines. The machine I worked on had this code and I never was able to confirm what it was for sure and that my friend's explanation usually worked for all my customers.

As for the diagnostics I have seen a mechanic hook up a laptop and run the system. The diagnostic connector for the Dash 6 hung loose below the fuse panel.

John C. I have yet to see any diagnostic ports on a construction size Komatsu excavator. Maybe we should go off of facts here, the service manual does not show any provisions for hooking up a laptop. Numerous Komatsu schools that I have attended that very question has been asked and the answers by the instructors was always "NO". So maybe we can put this part to rest.

As for the E303. As stated in an earlier post there is no mention of that code in service manual. There is however a mention of a E313 code which deals with the (optional) autolube system mentioned in your post.
    Last edited by coalrulz; 01-05-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Talking today with a buddy who is a field mechanic for Komatsu in Indianapolis and he told me all diagnostics can be accessed thru the screen. Erroe codes are listed in the tech manuals and he said that codes are serial number specific.

He has a laptop in his truck but said their is no cable to interface with a Komatsu.
    Last edited by motrack; 01-05-2011 at 10:30 PM.

I stated I could be wrong about the 303 code and it surely could have been a 313. I was a field mechanic for a Komatsu dealer for five years. I worked on the line before going to work for the dealer and for ten years after leaving the dealer. I'll check my sources again for the Dash 6 machine laptop connections and if there were any. I know what I saw by one of the current field mechanics at that dealer. I also know from my time with that dealer that Komatsu does not share all the capabilities of the systems with very many people.

I agreed to start with that there was no need to use a laptop to diagnose Komatsu excavators.

John C. I wasn't attempting to prove you wrong or me right. I was just explaining what I know about the ability to use a laptop on Komatsu excavators. No hard feelings I hope.

No hard feelings at all. Everyone should be able to take a challenge on and look deeper for an answer and I enjoy that.

I went into my Komatsu PC200-6 book and found connector CO9 which is labeled as the model selection connector. It is an eight wire connector with most of the wires going to what are labeled as model selection pins in the pump controller. There is one wire going to the pump controller that says service switch. There is another wire going to the monitor panel to a pin that says hydraulic oil temperature sender. The problem with that pin is that the wire doesn't go to the temp sender. It goes back into the pump controller.

The factory explanation for that connector is to differentiate to the computer whether or not the machine is a PC200 or a PC220. However I have changed computers in those machines before and I had to purchase them by part number and there are two different part numbers for each machine. I bet if someone were to check the schematic for the PC300, they would find the same pin connection but labeled as something else.

Finally with all the possibilities inherent in those systems I've had to ask why there wouldn't be a connection. I know the system has a thousand hour memory and I've seen factory graphs showing operating history of various machines. What manufacturer wouldn't want that kind of information for development purposes.

At any rate I'll keep looking for a more comprehensive answer.

I have worked on sites before next to the Komatsu mechanic and was sure he was pluged in with his laptop but my buddy is telling me otherwise.

Maybe he just had his laptop in the cab reading the tech manual checking error codes?

I"m known to be wrong from time to time

Here are two examples of connectors, one in the PC200 that I mentioned before and one from a PC120-6 showing what is described in the photo as a network connector.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast