Thread: 1965 Case 530CK

1965 Case 530CK

I have a Case 530 Construction King with front end loader (no backhoe, has 3 point hitch) and I am having trouble with the clutch slipping? it is full on fluid and I don't know what the problem is? When I pick up the front end of the tractor with the loader bucket the tractor does not have enough power to pull its self and the more I run the tractor the more it slips and then the tractor won't move at all?
    This Case was sold to me as a parts tractor because it wouldn't move at all, then I found out that the hydraulic pump for the clutch had a sheered off key and I replaced that but now it is wanting to slip. I has a diesel engine and it seems to have plenty of power.
    If any one could give me any ideas of what could be wrong before I tare in to it.
    Thanks,
    Coyote Green

I think you are going to have to check the shuttle pressures first. look for an old post by me and check all three.

Thanks for the info, I have checked the screen on the fill tube and it was all clean but I thought any hydraulic fluid would work in the clutch, I didn't know I had to have a special kind. Could you tell me what kind of oil it takes and I will go see if I can order some.
    Thanks again,
    Coyote Green

Probationary Member
    Sorry that I can't help but I'd love to see pictures of your 530 with a 3pt. Does it have a PTO? I have a '64 530CK with a loader and backhoe. I really want to fit a 3pt so I can pull a scraper with it. I'd love to see how yours is setup.

-- Mike

hytran fluid for the shuttle.

I would check out the brakes. The mechanical brakes lock up frequently.

Hello, you can email me at burns.tractor.sales@gmail.com I will send you out some pictures if you send me your email address.
    Thanks,
    COYOTE GREEN