Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Macks

id LOVE to see em..mom spent her teen years in klamath falls..me ive always been in the portland area

drop em up on phobucket or something..or shoot em my way sh0rtlife@hotmail.com

B-Mack logger

Great old find.Taken the other day.http://youtube.com/user/skadill
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Outstanding! Pretty sure that's an off-highway truck, even though it displays a tag, after a fashion.

B-87?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Skadill; great find. She is a beaty. Hopefully she will be saved and restored.
    Vigilant: I dont think she is a B87(not that many build) more likely a B81 or B83(Mack engine)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesno1 View Post
    Skadill; great find. She is a beaty. Hopefully she will be saved and restored.
    Vigilant: I dont think she is a B87(not that many build) more likely a B81 or B83(Mack engine)
    Was the only real difference between the B81 and B83 the engine? Seems like I heard the B81s came with a 220 Cummins and a Jake.

As primitive as the B Models were in some ways (IMO), including cab space, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for them. From the photos, this one appears to be well-preserved. Like you, I hope she can be brought back to life and restored. This is a really nice find IMO.

After a quick search, it looks as though the B81s came with at least three options: 673, 673T and 220 Cummins. I don't claim to be any type of expert, but I have heard that the 220 Cummins was popular out west due to the availability of a Jake. Seems like I have seen some of the later 673s with a Jake. Not sure about the 711.

The B-81 as far as I know had the Mack engine.The B-83 had the Cummins.The B-87 was the Mack 864 V8 I think.
    The truck in the picture might have been a B-80 as the top tank on the radiator was flush with the hood.The tank on the rest of them was elevated for more capacity.Ron G

Quote Originally Posted by skadill View Post
    Great old find.Taken the other day.http://youtube.com/user/skadill
    I know the owner of this truck and I'm pretty sure it ended up with a 335 cummins

RonG, you I right(I am getting old.. LOL..) B81 had the Mack engines and B83 had Cummins or other makes different from Macks own engines. But I am still pretty sure it's a Diesel, but hopefully Skadill had a good view as usual and can tell what engine she has..

B Mack

Another oldie taken on a previous iron trip in nov.2010.http://youtube.com/user/skadill

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesno1 View Post
    RonG, you I right(I am getting old.. LOL..) B81 had the Mack engines and B83 had Cummins or other makes different from Macks own engines. But I am still pretty sure it's a Diesel, but hopefully Skadill had a good view as usual and can tell what engine she has..
    I am going by memory too.I was driving those things when they were new)
    We had a B-80 with a 711 gas engine (same block) and changed it later on to a 711 diesel with a blower on it to make it run cooler.It didn't add any horsepower to speak of.Ron G

I believe the single item on a vehicle that makes it last the longest is a good front bumper.

B80s series has allways been one of my favorite Mack model. I like the B70 series with the L-model cab as well. Here are a few pics of a B83 I took Y2007. Mack B-83 is owned by Garry Peschke and is on display near McLeese Lake, BC. It's a1957 Mack B83 SX serial #1225 built in Jan. 1957, #225 of the B83 series. The original 220 Cummins was replaced with a 1959 vintage Cummins NHRS 300. Trans are 5&3, rears are Mack 55,000 # double reduction with 9.02 : 1 gear ratio, on 1100 - 24 rubber. As it sits, it weighs 36,000 #. Thanks for information Garry P. Nice truck

Mack LRSW,so I'm told,i cant confirm it.pics from nov 2010
    Yes, LRSW, as it has the Cummins HB. If it had a V-12 then it would be a LRVSW

Ap40rocktruck

Another oldie taken on a previous iron trip in nov.2010.http://youtube.com/user/skadill
    Take a look at that old cabover truck (a mid-size International perhaps?) beside the red B Model in Post #55. See the cream-color paint showing itself under the blue re-paint? Now look at the truck used to tow the house in Post #347 of the BCFP thread, perhaps?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast