Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobelco hydraulic excavators

Quote Originally Posted by sulli2009 View Post
    I need some help with a SK200LC-3 stepping motor problems. the machine shows a 1 check on the screen, but it has been showing that for a while. the machine was running then just died thought it may have blown a fuse after checking them it cranked back up, ran for about 10 min did it again. it has constantly got worse until the stepping motor won't do anything. i changed the stepping motor out thinking it may be bad, put the new motor on and it worked one time. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Did the dash work corectly before the 1 check showed up? You need a functioning dash to do a "A" adjustment. If that 1 check is still there after the new steping motor was instaled you still got problems. Could be C1, C2, or the dash itself. I recomend a local dealer for testing, this can be tricky.

Probationary Member
    I have a sk25sr and i have poor power to everything the two speed selonoid and lock sel dont work can they be bypassed will either of those cause the problems im having no power to dig or push only has power with boom up when i do two functions either arm out and boom up then the boom will raise iv checked all the lines to see if they are in the right spot. thank you channing

when i got the machine the fuse was out of the dash but during the winter i cleaned the inside up and put a fuse in there and the screen has been saying one check for a while. What would be the best way to start troubleshooting farther other than going to the dealer?

thanks for the info. I read my post & noticed I did not say that this problem started after the machine had not been used for weeks & that the battery cables were very corroded, so I suspect it had low voltage I did not check voltage until after replacing cables, 27V off & 29V running, we do not have manuals or schematics to make the checks are the connections marked as to grd. & power & etc. or is there reference material on line or will we need to purchase, the motor goes toward full with the key on & will drop to idle if motor is unplugged, does not contact the governor stops either way, can something still be wrong with the motor or is it more of a control issue or wiring? Is H-2 a pressure sensor?

Can anyone tell me what kind of flow the aux circuit on a sk115srdz will put out? I know the total of both pumps, but want to know what it will put to the aux with the valve set to "breaker"

Quote Originally Posted by sulli2009 View Post
    I need some help with a SK200LC-3 stepping motor problems. the machine shows a 1 check on the screen, but it has been showing that for a while. the machine was running then just died thought it may have blown a fuse after checking them it cranked back up, ran for about 10 min did it again. it has constantly got worse until the stepping motor won't do anything. i changed the stepping motor out thinking it may be bad, put the new motor on and it worked one time. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I had the same thing .erratic movement of the stepper moter and woudnt shut off. Turned out to be c-1 controller driver chip. Found a new computer from Australia dealer for $1300. Put it in and did a adjustment worked great ever since. I replaced the stepper motor first and figured out that didn't help.

Probationary Member

SK45 hydraulic problem

Quote Originally Posted by MR. KOBELCO View Post
    1) are you having trouble searching for new o.e.m., remanufactured, reconditioned, or new aftermarket replacement parts?
    2) is your machine acting up and not running the way it should?
    3) do you require help pin-pointing the root cause of the problem?
    4) do you have any unanswered questions?
    5) are you looking for manuals specific to your model and by serial number?

please post your topics here. i will do my best to help out.
    as i am also sure and gladly invite the other experienced kobelco mechanics on this forum to ring in with advice as well!

thank-you!
    Hi Mr. Kobelco

I have a SK45 SR-2 ser# PJ02-00481

The problem is the boom settles rather quickly like from full height to the ground in under 2 mins. This obviously gets worse as the machine gets hotter. I know everyone wants to blame the boom cylinder but it has no external leaks and I have run the cylinder to the ends and removed the hyd. hose from the opposite end I was putting pressure to to see how much fluid was leaking inside the cylinder and it was minimal. I have tried to get some good pressure tests but due to the odd fittings Kobelco uses I am having a hard time setting up the test ports. I also tried switching the load check poppet with another valve bank with no difference at all.

I am thinking it has to be the lock mechanism in the boom control valve bank. Please let me know if that sounds like a good route to go? Or if theres a way to test it?

Thank you a lot for opening your knowledge to us

Fifty Cal

Probationary Member
    Sorry didnt read the entire thread anyone else have any ideas??

Update on wrench service screen. After having very little hair left in my head discovered that by pushing on the circuit board in the display that the display lights would work. Just had to apply the right pressure to the board and the screen would work. Found a used board and installed. Has been working right ever since. Hopefully that was the issue.

Good luck Van Koop and thanks to Mr. Kobelco for trying to help.

SK210LC Mark 8 (S/N:YQ09) Cab Assembly, complete with the engine/pump controller, operator controls with pilot assembly, electrical harness, glass windows etc... would anyone know where i can get a used one to purchase, or perhaps brand new as well...
    Thank you for your time.

Hi Guys,
    Not sure if I'm doing this right, I'm new ;-)
    I'm in Queensland Australia and I've purchased a used SK70SR and I'm wanted to buy a service manual (full workshop manual) and parts manual but I'm not sure of the exact one to cover my machine. Some are listed as SK70SR-1E, what does the -1E mean?
    The machine details are as follows;
    Kobelco SK70SR (as far as I can tell)
    Serial # YT03-05936
    Supposed to have been an Australian sold machine (not grey import)
    Year model 2004

Any help appreciated Guys.
    Regards
    Andrew

Hi Guys,
    It has the offset boom opotion as well, might make a difference?
    Any help appreciated Guys.

Regards
    Andrew

Hi this is Chuck from Kalama, WA. I have been having the same issues with my sk60. My display started showing the wrench, I could remove the 5amp controller fuse, re-install and it would work fine until it shut the key off. Now that trick no longer works. I...like you have spent lots of hours inspecting harnesses and plugs, grounds etc... I sent the contoller to a couple of electronic shops and was told by each that it was a faulty "e-prom chip" which is Kobelco proprietary. I finally purchased a new controller...same issue! I have also changed my key switch. Any updates on yours?

The wrench symbal on the dash is always bad news for the owner of a older kobelco machine. Before you start changing componets make sure that you have the corect 24v inputs and grounds on both the c1 controller and c2 controller. The c2 controller is the one that controls the cluster gage. You can gently remove the cover and look inside for water damadge or burned circut boards. You can do the same to the dash. There is no good way to test the componets themselvs.

Kobelco SK60 ~ Wrench on display

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the circuit boards in both the c-2 controller and the dash display, I don't see anything there that looks faulty. I was suprised that when I plugged in the new controller I bought, I had the same wrench on the display. Since my service manual indicates that when the wrench symbol is displayed, it means the c-2 controller is not functioning properly....what are the chances that the new controller that I purchased is defective too? If I brought the controller into my Kobelco dealership, maybe they can plug it into a machine that is known to funtion to see if my controller works on theirs? Do you know how many different machines that same controller fits?

Thanks.
    Chuck

Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast