Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 918

Thread: Kobelco hydraulic excavators

  1. #226
    Resigned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by skaggo View Post
    Hi!

    This seems like the right place to ask.

    Today our sk75ur (yr35v0000fi) wouldnt engage the hydraulics accept the blade, and the console reads "no meddl disengaged".

    It starts fine but the engine stays att idle and the safe switch in the arm-rest is working.

    hi,
    i am going to need 2 things from you,...
    1 - ser# of machine. the number you gave appears to be an incomplete part number ?
    2 - digital picture of your cab monitor display and if you remove the console behind the seat a picture of the computers and relays layout.
    reason being we need to switch your language to english so i can translate your fault code.
    in the meantime, check behind seat once you remove the console you should see 2 chrome toggle switches
    one will be swing brake release switch
    the other kpss release switch
    both should be NOT in the release position.
    if one is switch to engage.
    my e-mail: hf_hydraulics@hotmail.com
    cheers!
    adam

  2. #227
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. KOBELCO View Post
    hi,
    i am going to need 2 things from you,...
    1 - ser# of machine. the number you gave appears to be an incomplete part number ?
    2 - digital picture of your cab monitor display and if you remove the console behind the seat a picture of the computers and relays layout.
    reason being we need to switch your language to english so i can translate your fault code.
    in the meantime, check behind seat once you remove the console you should see 2 chrome toggle switches
    one will be swing brake release switch
    the other kpss release switch
    both should be NOT in the release position.
    if one is switch to engage.
    my e-mail: hf_hydraulics@hotmail.com
    cheers!
    adam
    First af all thanks.

    It seems that the owners son tryed to override the safety by flicking the switches under the seat and left one in the wrong possition, To his defence all the writing on them is in chinese accept kpss. So that strange error message is gone now but its still doesent engage the hydraulics.

    I havent found a camera to take som photos yeat, but i managed to get the right serial (i hope): YR04-04815

    I did found out that the servo pressure (i think at least its the pilot pressure and it comes from the last row of pumps at the very last connection) is about 35bar and strangely it doesent get past what looks like an backflow-valve? mounted right after the pump. After the valve it splits into two, one goes into the big pump and the other runs undet the cab into a alu-bridge with solenoids.

    So my question, what should the pressure be on the pilot, and is it only a backflow-valve?

  3. #228
    Resigned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by skaggo View Post
    First af all thanks.

    It seems that the owners son tryed to override the safety by flicking the switches under the seat and left one in the wrong possition, To his defence all the writing on them is in chinese accept kpss. So that strange error message is gone now but its still doesent engage the hydraulics.

    I havent found a camera to take som photos yeat, but i managed to get the right serial (i hope): YR04-04815

    I did found out that the servo pressure (i think at least its the pilot pressure and it comes from the last row of pumps at the very last connection) is about 35bar and strangely it doesent get past what looks like an backflow-valve? mounted right after the pump. After the valve it splits into two, one goes into the big pump and the other runs undet the cab into a alu-bridge with solenoids.

    So my question, what should the pressure be on the pilot, and is it only a backflow-valve?
    hi,
    this sounds similar to our 70sr models.
    the pilot pump section on the end of the main pump, pilot pump outlet pilot hose will join to an inline pilot filter screen long hyd fitting.
    every now and then you need to disassemble and back flush to clean screen of any debris/blockage.
    the other end will join to a solenoid manifold and usually this block will also contain the pilot relief.
    sun hydraulic cartridge valve.
    pilot pressure = 710 - 780 psi
    it could be your solenoid that opens oil flow to the joysticks etc... has burnt out.
    simply check the coil for resistance - ohm meter - digital multi-tester.
    in most models there is no fault code for the pilot lever lock solenoid.
    cheers!

  4. #229
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. KOBELCO View Post
    hi,
    this sounds similar to our 70sr models.
    the pilot pump section on the end of the main pump, pilot pump outlet pilot hose will join to an inline pilot filter screen long hyd fitting.
    every now and then you need to disassemble and back flush to clean screen of any debris/blockage.
    the other end will join to a solenoid manifold and usually this block will also contain the pilot relief.
    sun hydraulic cartridge valve.
    pilot pressure = 710 - 780 psi
    it could be your solenoid that opens oil flow to the joysticks etc... has burnt out.
    simply check the coil for resistance - ohm meter - digital multi-tester.
    in most models there is no fault code for the pilot lever lock solenoid.
    cheers!
    Thanks, it was the coil, so now i need a source for one. They are not the same as on the sk70 as they lack the bult and nut on the head of the coil, do you know anywhere i could get one?

  5. #230
    Resigned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by skaggo View Post
    Thanks, it was the coil, so now i need a source for one. They are not the same as on the sk70 as they lack the bult and nut on the head of the coil, do you know anywhere i could get one?
    hi,
    please snap a picture of the coil/valve and provide numbers off the coil.
    numbers may be on the side of the spot where the elec harness connector joins.
    adam

  6. #231
    Probationary Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    hortonville wisconsin
    Posts
    2
    Hi. I have a kobelco sk480 2002, been having what appears to be a fuel problem for the last year or so. It seems to be worse when the machine gets warm. It was 85 deg. Today. Runs fine for a few hours or sometimes even days. When it acts up it loose power cant hardly even get bucket out of hole. My locl dealer thought it was the injection pump, put a rebuilt on ran ok for aprox. 100 hrs now doing same thing ,have changed filters many times ,changed 2 fuel lines kind of at a loss. Dealer has had laptop on several times tried changing engine controler, any ideas

  7. #232
    Resigned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by bhp View Post
    Hi. I have a kobelco sk480 2002, been having what appears to be a fuel problem for the last year or so. It seems to be worse when the machine gets warm. It was 85 deg. Today. Runs fine for a few hours or sometimes even days. When it acts up it loose power cant hardly even get bucket out of hole. My locl dealer thought it was the injection pump, put a rebuilt on ran ok for aprox. 100 hrs now doing same thing ,have changed filters many times ,changed 2 fuel lines kind of at a loss. Dealer has had laptop on several times tried changing engine controler, any ideas
    hi,
    i have been sent out to quebec to correct, fix and tune-up two sk480's for another dealership with my kobelco rep.
    i would suggest that you call me at work or home.
    i can get you sorted. the steps i take are logical and must be done in order.
    with a bit of patience and time over the phone i can either lead you or your dealer (as long as they follow what i say to do)
    the dealership i work for has only a kobelco line, full line.
    after awhile you get to know the machines quite well.
    if the dealer is going to do this they may actually pick up things that are not general knowledge in printed tech manuals.
    some of which are not even stated at all and could be the reason they are not isolating your few problems.
    the end result would be worth it for you.
    if you call me at work my boss is charging $ 3.00 per minute for my services.
    do not worry i do not drag things out.
    i give items you will have to check and report back to me.
    you are my eyes.
    i require a few things first.
    the serial number and info to how the machine is set up.
    and what version of program the dealer put in.
    call me from cell phone when you are sitting in the cab seat.
    work# 905-888-9070
    home# 905-697-9626
    e-mail: hf_hydraulics@hotmail.com
    cheers!
    adam

  8. #233
    Probationary Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    hortonville wisconsin
    Posts
    2
    Thanks I Will Check with you tomorow when near machine. What time is where you are at right now ?

  9. #234
    Probationary Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1
    I have a kobelco md 180 excavator. Anyone know how to check the swing gear oil and where to put it in. I've been fooling with equipment most of my life and i cannot find it the local dealer couldnt even tell me.. I put a swing motor bearing in and i could see the oil i should have added some then.

  10. #235
    Resigned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by CON10DOR View Post
    I have a kobelco md 180 excavator. Anyone know how to check the swing gear oil and where to put it in. I've been fooling with equipment most of my life and i cannot find it the local dealer couldnt even tell me.. I put a swing motor bearing in and i could see the oil i should have added some then.
    hi,
    usually the swing tower is comprised of two units.
    the upper part is a hydraulic motor, which then drives the lower portion - gear reduction.
    generally the lower portion will have a dip stick for checking the 80w-90 gear oil level
    and following around 180 from tube is an allen plug to remove as filling port.
    drain is underneath jets out towards the engine.
    hyd oil is shell TELLUS " T " 46
    cheers!
    adam

  11. #236
    Resigned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by CON10DOR View Post
    I have a kobelco md 180 excavator. Anyone know how to check the swing gear oil and where to put it in. I've been fooling with equipment most of my life and i cannot find it the local dealer couldnt even tell me.. I put a swing motor bearing in and i could see the oil i should have added some then.
    if you check out our website, there is a link to online customers parts catalog on the bottom of most pages.
    once you access the catalog type md180 in the search to locate the parts cat for your machine.
    the mitsi engine parts cat are seperate from the main machine.
    refer to your mitsi model 6d##
    cheers!
    adam.
    http://www.robertgreenequipment.com/

  12. #237
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. KOBELCO View Post
    hi ricky,
    i just e-mailed a file to you on switching controls from cat over to jd.
    please take a digital pic of your fuel injection pump and surrounding area for visual of type of inj pump and throttle control.
    some of the cummins engines came with rotary style fuel inj pumps others later with the inline fuel inj pump
    the engine shut-down control to stop the fuel is handles different
    cheers!
    thank you for that file! here are the pictures of my pump. also need to to pm me or email me a price with shipping for all 3 manuals, for my machine, sk130IV, owners manual, parts catalog and service manual. all 3.


    part circled in red is what i currently use to shut it off
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...1/f370529c.jpg

    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...1/61b6d768.jpg

  13. #238
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    25
    SKAGGO check the coil on the two speed tracking is not the same had the same problem on a sk 70 and just swapped the coils over to get the machine going but you will loss high speed tracking
    Last edited by hitachi daft; 07-14-2011 at 05:41 PM.

  14. #239
    Resigned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    433
    KOBELCO PARTS MANUAL AVAILABLE ONLINE @
    https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cn...LanguageID=ENU

  15. #240
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    99

    Kobelco SK130LC

    In the battery compartment on this machine and others such as the SK150 and the Sk200/220 there is a piece of pipe about 5 inches long vertically welded to a bracket on the frame. It has a 3/4 by 3/4 inch notch out of the top of it. I'm sure that everybody who owns a Kobelco knows what this little thing is for except moi. Would somebody be so kind as to let me know what Kobelco had in mind when they tacked this thing to the machine? Does anybody use it for anything useful? Thanks in advance.

Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •