Thread: 1979 Bobcat 630

1979 Bobcat 630

Does the bobcat 630 suppose to have any kind of brakes on it. I want to be able to get out and leave it running but, it always wants to walk forward on me. Can the sticks be adjusted wrong? Is there an e brake somewhere?

My first Bobcat was a old 630 with the 4 cylinder Wisconsin gas engine of about the same age as yours. If I remember correctly there was a parking brake on the floor between the foot pedals. If yours doesn't have that then maybe it was removed by a previous owner. Take a look at a parts manual or ask your dealer. Maybe they can help?

First, no parking brake. Second, yes get your hydrostatic controls adjusted so they are as good as possible at neutral. Third, in this vintage machine, NEVER try to climb in or out with the engine running! One slip, you hit a control lever and somebody or something is injured or worse. Been there, done that, luckily only my pride and some paint was damaged. Other thing is always make sure the bucket or tool is on the ground, never leave it up in the air unless properly supported.
    Morooka? Thank you no, I have plenty. I think what I need perhaps is less "ooka" www.lantraxco.com

Thanks for all the post. Apparently it has been removed along with the pedal and entire assembly or never had it. Any ideas on finding the parts or maybe an alternate way to setup a parking brake of some kind without having to get out?

Yes they had a parking brake but don't waste your money rebuilding it. It was a disk in the chaincase that had brass pucks for grip. That machine when the neutral is adjusted right will not creep or roll whether the engine is on or off since the motors were direct drive. Be sure to block it up ,all wheels off the ground, when adjusting neutral though.

That sounds like some sound advice. Where are the adjustments for drive sticks located and how do I go about adjusting them?

Quote Originally Posted by bkelley View Post
    That sounds like some sound advice. Where are the adjustments for drive sticks located and how do I go about adjusting them?
    unbolt and remove the seat pan for access.