Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: My 773 BOBCAT's red warning light is on?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sherbrooke
    Posts
    13

    My 773 BOBCAT's red warning light is on?

    Hi all

    My 773 BOBCAT's red warning light is on? Name:  IMG_0898.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  47.2 KB What does it mean???

    Thank you!! Apehf

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NWI
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by apehf View Post
    Hi all

    My 773 BOBCAT's red warning light is on? Name:  IMG_0898.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  47.2 KB What does it mean???

    Thank you!! Apehf
    thats the hydraulic light.

    could be cold oil, plugged filter, or low charge pressure


    does it go out at all?



  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sherbrooke
    Posts
    13
    A couple of days ago I was using the Bobcat with a grapple to empty the barn when the light came on and stayed on, I stopped almost immediately ( 5-10 minutes to get out of the barn and to park it some where reasonable) The day after I started the thing to take the picture obviously the light was on, and then this morning went to move it and the light was off and didn't come on the whole 1/2 hr that I used it... Go figure!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sherbrooke
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by crewchief888 View Post
    thats the hydraulic light.

    could be cold oil, plugged filter, or low charge pressure


    does it go out at all?


    Well for the last little while it has been good it comes on but doesn't stay on, today I worked with the grapple using auxiliary outlets for the first time since the related incident and the light came on almost immediately, changed the filter last week... So " low charge pressure" caused by???

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NWI
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by apehf View Post
    Well for the last little while it has been good it comes on but doesn't stay on, today I worked with the grapple using auxiliary outlets for the first time since the related incident and the light came on almost immediately, changed the filter last week... So " low charge pressure" caused by???
    have you checked the drive belt/tensioner?

    might be something as simple as a bad switch/wiring...

    the hyd filter head has 2 or 3 switches/sensors on it. if one of them has a molded plastic connector, unplug it and see if it has oil in it. if it does, replace the sender, if it's leaking, they usually will set off the light

    Last edited by crewchief888; 09-19-2016 at 06:30 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sherbrooke
    Posts
    13
    Crewchief your a Godsend!! Thanks

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sherbrooke
    Posts
    13
    Name:  IMG_1138.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  34.7 KB So I found this sensor on the top of oil filter full of oil, is that what you are referring to crewchief? I know the photo loaded sideways the sensor should be on the right...
    Last edited by apehf; 09-23-2016 at 12:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NWI
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by apehf View Post
    Name:  IMG_1138.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  34.7 KB So I found this sensor on the top of oil filter full of oil, is that what you are referring to crewchief? I know the photo loaded sideways the sensor should be on the right...
    yep thats it.
    i'd bet that if you change it, and clean the oil out of the harness connector, the warning light will go out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •