Thread: creeping 743b

creeping 743b

i have been looking at the other posts about this but seems that they are for a newer machine, mine is a older 743b. if i was to use the zip ties on the spring will that help? it doesnt always do it but more than not.

thanks

G'day - owner of 753 - you should look at the threads on adjusting the steering controls - you have to go through that process to correctly adjust them. Seems arduous but the result is steering which is true and very little or no creep. You could have lots of wear in the bushes and connecting rods as well. Cable ties are used to restrain the spring for pulling it out and putting it back in. I just took mine out as it was and compressed it in a vice and used three cable ties to restrain it when putting it back in. There is much more detailed information and pictures in other threads about Bobcats which I am sure will be a better help than these few words. Post some pictures of your mechanism under the seat and I am certain better minds than mine will give you lots of good advices, good luck, MX45.

It's been a long time since I've worked on the 743. Not really sure about the B series, but I recall the 743 was different than later versions, had Vickers pumps and a different centering device. Once they got some wear to them, near impossible to get the creep out of them and keep it out, and a bear to adjust. Like I said, B series may be different, just not sure.
    A good mechanic isn't expensive, he's priceless!

http://www.bluediamondattachments.com/

Read Forum Rules Here

Please don't respond to spammers...makes our job tougher mopping up their mess

Quote Originally Posted by willie59 View Post
    It's been a long time since I've worked on the 743. Not really sure about the B series, but I recall the 743 was different than later versions, had Vickers pumps and a different centering device. Once they got some wear to them, near impossible to get the creep out of them and keep it out, and a bear to adjust. Like I said, B series may be different, just not sure.
    you're correct, 40 series machines are a completely different steering system.

sometimes a quick fix is to add another washer (or 2) to the centering spring to increase tension.
    usually you're looking at replacing steering cams, centering blocks, bushings, guides, nylon guide bushings to getit to stop creeping.

Quote Originally Posted by crewchief888 View Post
    sometimes a quick fix is to add another washer (or 2) to the centering spring to increase tension.
    usually you're looking at replacing steering cams, centering blocks, bushings, guides, nylon guide bushings to getit to stop creeping.
    That's the experience I recall with the 743, everything has to be just right, no worn parts to the centering device, otherwise very difficult to control creep completely on those machines. The later models with the Sunstrand pumps have a much improved drive centering system.
    A good mechanic isn't expensive, he's priceless!

http://www.bluediamondattachments.com/

Read Forum Rules Here

Please don't respond to spammers...makes our job tougher mopping up their mess

cool, ill try the washer thing, after i use it for awhile it wont creep so maybe the washers will help a little bit, i also have to readjust the park brake it doesnt hold,

I am new to this fourm I have followed Willie95 forum on creeping Bobcats. Wow Great photos I learned a great deal, gave me confidence to tackle mine. Then Murphys law set in. I have a 743 C#5019m30583 looks nothing like what willie 95 picks. I have controll arms removed, Spring removed, not sure how to remove the centering bar. What holds the centering bar to the hydraulic pump.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Murph View Post
    I am new to this fourm I have followed Willie95 forum on creeping Bobcats. Wow Great photos I learned a great deal, gave me confidence to tackle mine. Then Murphys law set in. I have a 743 C#5019m30583 looks nothing like what willie 95 picks. I have controll arms removed, Spring removed, not sure how to remove the centering bar. What holds the centering bar to the hydraulic pump.
    it's easier to loosen the steering levers, and remove the levers and centering plate as an assembly.

replace the worn parts, and nylon guide bushings, reassemble eveerything and install as removed.

Easy for you. I do not have a clue . Do I need a special tool. unable to attach photo. I am assuming I need to remove the round itim with the notch on both Pintails. or is this a key notch

Quote Originally Posted by NH Murph View Post
    Easy for you. I do not have a clue . Do I need a special tool. unable to attach photo. I am assuming I need to remove the round itim with the notch on both Pintails. or is this a key notch
    Spoke to Bobcat Service They tell me there is a bolt on the under side of the pintle arm at the pump needs to be loosened removed plate will slide off. Cant see it. they tell me it is there, I will let you know if I find it, Man what a Pain especially at 71 good thing I am
    Skinny

yes
    loosen the bolt that clamps the lever to the pintle shaft.
    both front and rear levers.

you'll probably have to pry the levers and centering plate off the pintle shafts.

the pintle shafts are keyed, with split bushings inside the lever.