Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Komatsu PC 100 -6 trouble

Komatsu PC 100 -6 trouble

hello .. i just bought a secondhand pc 100-6 excavator year of manufacture in 2005 and had a problem with the E05 could you please help because I do not have the manuals, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracktorsboy View Post
    hello .. i just bought a secondhand pc 100-6 excavator year of manufacture in 2005 and had a problem with the E05 could you please help because I do not have the manuals, thanks
    Do you know how to get the codes out of the monitor? E-05 refers to many systems and you must get the fault codes to narrow down the problem. this is a partial list of things that could be wrong.
    Abnormality in fuel control dial input value.
    Abnormality (disconection) in motor drive system.
    Abnormality (short cicuit) in motor system
    Abnormality in feedback potentiometer system.
    Abnormality (short circuit) in battery relay output.
    Abnormality (step-out) in motor

Hope this helps!

That code indicates there is a problem in the engine governor motor control system. You can put the system in troubleshooting mode by pressing the button on the back of the monitor panel and the left side travel control button on the bottom left of the front of the panel and holding it until the display shifts to the code display mode. You can cycle through all the codes by holding the button in back and shifting the mode buttons.

Post the codes you find and we can tell you what they are.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by John C. View Post
    That code indicates there is a problem in the engine governor motor control system. You can put the system in troubleshooting mode by pressing the button on the back of the monitor panel and the left side travel control button on the bottom left of the front of the panel and holding it until the display shifts to the code display mode. You can cycle through all the codes by holding the button in back and shifting the mode buttons.

Post the codes you find and we can tell you what they are.

Good Luck!
    we posted at exactly the same time and same info! We must be on the right track!!

Cool,
    How can the guy go wrong with both of us providing the info!

Thanks for the post.

Do you know how to get the codes out of the monitor?

E-05 refers to many systems and you must get the fault codes to narrow down the problem. this is a partial list of things that could be wrong:-

Abnormality in fuel control dial input value.
    Abnormality (disconection) in motor drive system.
    Abnormality (short cicuit) in motor system
    Abnormality in feedback potentiometer system.
    Abnormality (short circuit) in battery relay output.
    Abnormality (step-out) in motor

Gee, that makes three of us.

Thanx all for the post...

Code that comes out of the monitor is E101, and the machine does not want turned on, what happened?

Here is a list of trouble codes. Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanx 3Doc..for the list of trouble codes

sorry guys, but the table isn't readable. what's the E303

Jey_c

Hard to read but looks like it says for error 303 (Disconnection in swing stroke limit solenoid system)

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

Anyone solve their E-05 error codes yet? We have a PC130-6 imported from Europe and have the same error code. Furthermore the machine won't auto accelerate and can't turn it off. The battery bulb is constantly on and also there is a permanent beeping alarm. any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sripola View Post
    Hi Guys,

Anyone solve their E-05 error codes yet? We have a PC130-6 imported from Europe and have the same error code. Furthermore the machine won't auto accelerate and can't turn it off. The battery bulb is constantly on and also there is a permanent beeping alarm. any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    It it like mine there is a diode in the altenator that prevents the starter from engaging with the motor running. It is tied into the starter relay. Komatsu has some strange circuits to deal with.

As I recall the Dash 6 model machines that had the Cummins clone installed worked differently that the ones with the Komatsu engine. The Cummins engine has the four separate valve covers and the Komatsu has a single one.

There was a diode somewhere that I can't remember that would blow letting current back feed into computer telling it that the engine was already running. The give away was that the low oil pressure alarm was going off even though the engine wasn't running.

It sounds to me like the starter has been jumped in order to get the engine running and the computers are saying that isn't supposed to happen. You will have to pull the fault codes to see what is going on. If you PM me I can send you the procedure and the codes to give you a starting point. I will be out of town the rest of the week and won't be able to get back to you before the weekend. My feeling is that you have some wiring problems in addition to a diode or two blown.

There are some knowledgable people on Komatsu excavators on this board so maybe they can help you before I get back.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast