Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best mini Excavator for the money

Best mini Excavator for the money

ANy opinions on the best brand for a new, or fairly new mini Excavator 10 -12000 lbs range. In some cases are you paying more for just the name?

I would post this question in the mini excavator forum

CAT 304CCR in my opinion, my CAT dealer has been good and the guy I deal with has been great. They're all pretty close cost wise, don't buy based only on price. Service and resale are the main things I always keep in mind. You may pay 5k more for a cat than you will a kubota, but the cat will also be worth 5k more in 1,200 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DGODGR View Post
    I would post this question in the mini excavator forum
    So be it
    Regards from the Scrub somewhere near Karratha, Western Australia

Squizzy

Its better to be ignorant and ask a Stupid Question than to be plain Dumb and not ask at all - Screamed by High School Maths Teacher, 1979

My vote would be a kubota as they are smooth, fast, reliable and fuel efficient. take a look at the 121-3. second would be a cat.

yanmar, kubota, cat, gehl

Hitachi

i've never run a hitachi but have always been curious as to how they are to operate and have heard a lot of good things.

I would vote for a Takeuchi. I have a TB15 and absolutely love it. I tried a bunch of different brands (Deere, Bobcat, Kubota, and Cat). The Takeuchi was the strongest and most user friendly one that I tried. The Cat was nice, but in my opinion not worth the premium. The bobcat was very weak and slow. I liked the Kubota. It was my 2nd choice. Not quite as smooth, but a nice machine and a good value.

The Takeuchi machines I have heard so much hype on, I demo'd a tb175 this past week and it was the weakest and slowest excavator I have ever run. With a cat 304ccr I can honestly work circles around that tb175 which is pretty bad when you compare size.

Takkie or Kobelco/Case/NH are my picks but have run Hitachi and Yanmar and was happy with them. I can't see any benefit to paying extra for a Cat, rented a 304 and while nice it was no better than the others.

takeuchi is my pick , I have a tb 175 an tbo 35 the 35 has 4500 hrs on it and have had to do very little minor work on it. They have both been very reliable machines.
    One suggestion is don't buy one no matter what brand without a thumb. A TB 53FR or a TB 145 would be in the size range you're looking for.

I have a TB153FR. Other than the AC not working right. Has been a very dependable machine (no down time in the first 1000 hours and counting) and its a very productive excavator. I have a vid clip and a lot of pictures of the machine on my website if your interested in this particular make and model.
    WWW.KAISERSKIDSTEER.COM

Welcome to HEF!

I am really not a #ick.

Takehuchi... Or Kubota

I have a Takeuchi tb135. IMHO Tak #1 Kubota or IHI #2 Dere and Cat #3. I have seat time in all and others not mentioned and thats how I see them and why I purchased Tak.
    I didn't write the books, I just read the books, and look at the purdy pictures.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast