Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D9 R's pulling pans(pics)

Onlly thing I have noticed on under carriage on this type of application is that the wear is inside the links of the rail. But, overall life is good on the undercarriage. To speed up loadings we sometimes use a D7G as a push cat behind D8K pulling a Cat No. 80 and another 7G pulling a Cat No. 70.

They are about the most versitile piece of equipment I know of, nice pics

awesome kit love a go at that d9...nice machines

You are from Missouri who do you work for? I'm from are St. louis area.

What is the reason for using planetary wheels on the front instead of cheaper free rolling wheels like on the back?

Quote Originally Posted by monster truck View Post
    What is the reason for using planetary wheels on the front instead of cheaper free rolling wheels like on the back?
    I am sure the wheels were cheap from the scraper that donated most of the rest of itself to the conversion, the planetaries would have all the internals removed so are free rolling in every sense of the word even though it still looks like a planetary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kman9090 View Post
    You are from Missouri who do you work for? I'm from are St. louis area.
    I work for Emery Sapp and Sons

cat's and pans

Quote Originally Posted by nkh111 View Post
    A few more
    great shots and keep them comming and a vid would be great. thanks ts-24 frank

Didn't know they had any Dozer's pulling pans? They got much work around the Missouri area?

They sold almost all of the 9's and pans this last winter because of the slowdown. We have alot of bridge and paving work but dirt work and pipe work(which I do) are pretty slow right now, about like everyone else.

Undercarriage wear

Quote Originally Posted by JASON M View Post
    Awesome..... but would hate to finance the U/C (s)
    As long as the tractor stays in forward and not reverse I'd expect fairly long undercarriage life in most ground conditions. It's the reverse travel that shortens u/c life.

39.5 x 35 scraper tires are also very expensive to replace. At least tracks aren't succeptable to punctures, sidewall or spin cuts.

That kind of setup gets used here lots except it's with D8H's and D8K's some are still cable too. I have seen the occasional D8N or D8L but it works great heavy clays soils like here where we have gumbo like you've never seen before. Some of the old guys I know that run them say they're really good with trimming work since your not bouncing around like a rubber tire buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by J.BobbyM View Post
    As long as the tractor stays in forward and not reverse I'd expect fairly long undercarriage life in most ground conditions. It's the reverse travel that shortens u/c life.

39.5 x 35 scraper tires are also very expensive to replace. At least tracks aren't succeptable to punctures, sidewall or spin cuts.
    Not necessarily true, McAninch had a hard time keeping up with all their undercarriage break downs. Then the operators spinning the tracks to get loaded. Most of their 10T's were slick pads. Running a dozer in 3rd gear is not easy on it. When the D10's were cutting they still needed another dozer in the cut to rip for them and some cases push them.

Or eliminate the tires...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kman9090 View Post
    Or eliminate the tires...
    What is the ride like on those 9630's Kolb runs with the tracks over the tires, and also does it make it harder to turn. I have seen them run that setup on 67 HWY in southeastern missouri and they are running them now here in osage beach missouri. I have been curious about them as I have never seen that setup before.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast