Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Takeuchi TL26 questions

Hydraulic drive motor problem??

Ok.. I have read in two other posts from owners about there drive motors working fine till a hose blows out, they replace it and the drive motor no longer works. My drive motor had bad bearings in the planetary drive. When i removed all the planetary drive parts, i tested the hydraulic drive unit. Worked perfect. both directions. So I had to remove the outer cover off hydraulic drive motor and guts. when i reasemble it now it seems the brake will not release? So this sounds like same problem as other guys with blown hoses. Is there some kind of bleeding procedure I need to know about? Nothing in manaul about this? Al

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    Ok.. I have read in two other posts from owners about there drive motors working fine till a hose blows out, they replace it and the drive motor no longer works. My drive motor had bad bearings in the planetary drive. When i removed all the planetary drive parts, i tested the hydraulic drive unit. Worked perfect. both directions. So I had to remove the outer cover off hydraulic drive motor and guts. when i reasemble it now it seems the brake will not release? So this sounds like same problem as other guys with blown hoses. Is there some kind of bleeding procedure I need to know about? Nothing in manaul about this? Al
    Ok got a call back from a very nice guy at takeuchi usa. The hydraulic drive motor cover has to be clocked correctly. I had it off one set of loacter pins. Assembled and worked fine. ?????? For a little while, then i loose reverse??????? Was told to swap pressure relief valves side to side and see if it fixs it.

hydraulic hose

Ok got a call back from a very nice guy at takeuchi usa. The hydraulic drive motor cover has to be clocked correctly. I had it off one set of loacter pins. Assembled and worked fine. ?????? For a little while, then i loose reverse??????? Was told to swap pressure relief valves side to side and see if it fixs it.
    Does anyone know if the left or right drive motor hose going to left motor is for the reverse? I want to remove the hose and inspect the internals for a blister or blockage? I have factory manual but it does not tell you which is which.

Does anyone know if the left or right drive motor hose going to left motor is for the reverse? I want to remove the hose and inspect the internals for a blister or blockage? I have factory manual but it does not tell you which is which.
    I'm not 100% positive, but when I blew the hoses (one on each motor) we could back up but not go forward. The hoses that blew were the front hose on the motor so I would think the hose on the rear side of the motor is the reverse.
    Now I got a question. On my problem with the drive motor, I took it into the Takeuchi dealer and they rebuilt the motor. quoted me 2800.00 for parts ended up charging 7500.00 total. loader drove fine for about two months and slowly loosing drive power. The oil gets really hot and it's just like it runs out of oil. boom and bucket still work just fine. let it cool down and it drives fine till it gets warm again. I see another post on here with a guy having almost the identical problem. also on searching the internet for info on Cat skid steers I found where a guy with a Cat track machine had this identical problem also! Is there anybody out there that knows what these problems are or how to fix them. I'd have the dealer fix it, but I don't trust them anymore. with new tracks,rollers, and this motor I'm over 15000.00 in repairs now! Idea's anyone?

I have a tl126 that did the same thing. I cut it off ad soon as it blew the end off and replaced the hose. Now no left drive motor. The right side pulls but it only rolls on the left. Service rep at hq told me to deadhead the pump with plugs and a gauge. Pump should be around 5000 psi. If that was fine I need a drive motor.

after talking with a gentleman today that has worked on hydraulics for 40 years, he informed me that 90% of the time that the motor failing is what caused the hoses to blow to begin with. He says he has repaired many over the years. He told me to rebuild my drive motor would cost less than $100 if I did the labor. He says they are simple to repair.

Probationary Member
    Willis Bushogin, I have a tl26 and the right side idler wheel is shot. The track adjuster needs a seal kit. Can you itemize parts for the idler wheel or do you have to buy the whole thing? I also have a hydraulic leak between the right side travel motor (planetary) and the chasis of the skidsteer. It doesn't look like their is a seal between them? Any ideas -(seal on the piping on the back side of the motor or a seal within the planetary gear drive? I am wondering where you located the parts for one of the tl26's you were repairing in a reading? I have a parts manual and a service manual with all the part numbers. I have a number for a tl26 parts house in Omaha, NE. They tend to be very expensive and not very helpful. I am looking for other options. Can you help me or lead me in the right direction. Any input would be helpful.

My Tl26 does same thing. When it warms up I loose power to that one drive motor after I rebuilt it. There was no damage at all to internals to drive motor, but machine was run for very long time with no oil in planetarys. Rebuilt planetarys with no parts available from takeuchi. and still loose reverse when gets warm. Disasembled all rollers and cleaned and filled up with new oil and runs for more time but still looses reverse.

Jody you can buy just the track adjuster seal, and there is a large oring and a expensive as hell seal for the drive motor to seal drive oil from planetary gear oil. I have part numbers. I can give you track seal adjuster seal number and you could get it local. The expensive oil seal in planetary is not available aftermarket. I sourced it all the way back to oem seal maker, and never followed up on it. Seal is over $100. There is also floating seals on back drive motor to keep oil in and dirt out. When you remove drive motor inner cover the drive motor will pop out a little allowing dirt to fall into floating seal area. SO best bet is to remove track and just take it all apart. Those floating seals are very expensive from dealer. They quoted me like $800 range for seal kit. I bought floating seals from a supplier out the country very cheap and better quality. I bought extra sets if you would liek to purchase some. $180 for the two needed for one drive motor. Call me if you need more info. 985-640-5350. AL . I been trying to figure out my problems for months. You can rebuild the drive rollers also as long as dealer still sells bushings. But likely like mine, just take them off, disasemble sand corrosion and re oil them. They have floating seals also keeping them in. Front 4 have snap rings holding them together, and rear one has a big nut hidden under one side cover. I made all mine spin freely by hand after this. I noticed two got hard when i tighten them back up on machine. I ended up installing some harley transmission shims on each side between roller and machine. Worked perfect.

there was a link a page or so back with a link to download for free service and parts manual.

Thanks tool king. My loader didn't come with manuals so this is fantastic. Awesome site you guys got here.

Can you put manuals back up? I clicked link but it wasn't found.

I've tracked my problems hopefully to a relief valve on the bottom of the rear pump. I'll know more in a few days. Only able to work on it between jobs.

Thanks for the manuals tool king

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast