Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Takeuchi TL26 questions

here is a short history on my break down. the machine has around 7500 hrs on it and last year the hose on the right motor blew. replaced the hose, bled the lines and everything worked fine again. both of these hoses blew from rubbing over time on the belly plate. I was unloading round bales when the left hose blew and it was working fine. replaced the hose and it immediately wouldn't work. it leads me to think a valve is stuck. well, it's off to the dealer with it and they say the flow rates are fine and it may have sucked up some dirt when the hose blew and sent it thru the motor. I see on Ebay a guy in Chicago has a TL26 that had a problem with a right hand drive motor. So I guess the motors do fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsinfarmer View Post
    I see the question on the battery fluid level light. I have a TL26 also and according to the manual it is a battery fluid level lamp. it says if the fluid level in the battery is low a warning buzzer will sound and this lamp will flash. on the electrical page it shows this lamp connected to a control board and a wire to the board coming from the positive side of the battery. I'm assuming it is monitoring voltage for this just like for the alternator.
    I'm new to the forum and have a question about my own TL26. it recently blew the hose going to the left drive motor, I replaced the hose and now the drive don't work. I bled the hoses, changed the filters and no luck. took it to the dealer and they say the drive motor is shot although it was working just fine untill the hose blew! a new motor quote was $5800.00 for just the motor! haven't made the decision yet on the motor. does anybody out there have any experience with this, or maybe even a used drive motor?
    I know that if you blow a hose on one of these machines stop asap dont try and limp it anywhere as this starves the motor with the blown hose for oil so it must be repaired where it sits dont try and tow them either it scores the rotating assy.in the motor destroying it in the process...

drive motor problems

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsinfarmer View Post
    I see the question on the battery fluid level light. I have a TL26 also and according to the manual it is a battery fluid level lamp. it says if the fluid level in the battery is low a warning buzzer will sound and this lamp will flash. on the electrical page it shows this lamp connected to a control board and a wire to the board coming from the positive side of the battery. I'm assuming it is monitoring voltage for this just like for the alternator.
    I'm new to the forum and have a question about my own TL26. it recently blew the hose going to the left drive motor, I replaced the hose and now the drive don't work. I bled the hoses, changed the filters and no luck. took it to the dealer and they say the drive motor is shot although it was working just fine untill the hose blew! a new motor quote was $5800.00 for just the motor! haven't made the decision yet on the motor. does anybody out there have any experience with this, or maybe even a used drive motor?
    How did you make out with the bad drive motor? I am about to buy same machine with a drive motor problem? What did you find out about yours? I am very good at fixing things others cant..lol But i will will not spend $5800 for a motor. It will end up being a parts machine before that. Al

$5000?? that sound cheap. is that what such machines go for?

Probationary Member
    how do you bleed injectors on a takeuchi tl 26

drive motor

Quote Originally Posted by dave esterns View Post
    $5000?? that sound cheap. is that what such machines go for?
    I was talking about a drive motor for the track. One dealer gave me a price of $6400 and another $5800. Seal kit from one was $800 and other dealer was $1300. So guess dealers stick it to ya if they want to and some dont. .I dont know what these machines go for when sold. I see only a few for sale online for around $10,000. I am picking this one with bad drive motor in the morning. If i cannot fix it it will end up being sold for parts. Everything else on machine works great. But i will not invest $5800 in a machine that old. Anyone got a service manual for sale on one of the these machines

picked up tl26 this morning

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    I was talking about a drive motor for the track. One dealer gave me a price of $6400 and another $5800. Seal kit from one was $800 and other dealer was $1300. So guess dealers stick it to ya if they want to and some dont. .I dont know what these machines go for when sold. I see only a few for sale online for around $10,000. I am picking this one with bad drive motor in the morning. If i cannot fix it it will end up being sold for parts. Everything else on machine works great. But i will not invest $5800 in a machine that old. Anyone got a service manual for sale on one of the these machines
    I picked up machine this morning. I built a steel skid for under the dead track and rachete strapped it to track. work awsome to slide it on wrecker. Machine runs great. Just left drive motor not working. Gonna pressure wash it today and then do some digging into to see if i can find problem. Does anyone have a service manual? I just ordered a operators manual and it said it had some trouble shooting info and maintence.

drive motor / brake questions

I picked up machine this morning. I built a steel skid for under the dead track and rachete strapped it to track. work awsome to slide it on wrecker. Machine runs great. Just left drive motor not working. Gonna pressure wash it today and then do some digging into to see if i can find problem. Does anyone have a service manual? I just ordered a operators manual and it said it had some trouble shooting info and maintence.
    Does anyone have a service manual that i can get a few pages copied from ya? I am trying to figure out how the brake system works in the drive motor? My drive motor will move a little bit each way then binds up pump? I am thinking maybe the brake inside motor is not releasing? Or maybe planetary drive binding up. Would buy a manual if I can get one for a reasonable price.. anyone got one for sale??? Cant seem to find one anywhere. Al Wortmann. alcrys@bellsouth.net 985-640-5350

Quote Originally Posted by tool_king View Post
    You the man Tool king. Thanks a million. !!!!! Al

travel motor parts needed

Well got to the bottom of the travel motor problem. Few owners back let floating seal go bad and ran machine till all oil ran out. Then cleaned it and sold it. So>>>>>>> I looked up parts i needed. Can't buy the tiny rollers i need for the outer planetary setup nor can I get the thrush washers. They want to sell whole outer assy.. Great... Also need large roller bearings and floating seals. Anyone got a old motor laying around with any parts that I need? Al

there was a Takeuchi dealer that advertisement on this site and they did have parts machines. They are located in Ohio, I think

Travel motor parts

Quote Originally Posted by Willis Bushogin View Post
    there was a Takeuchi dealer that advertisement on this site and they did have parts machines. They are located in Ohio, I think
    Well been sourcing out parts for the planetary drive Assy. Got the main bearings sourced out to company in china . Koyo brand as originals for 1/4 price. Roller needles sourced out . Thrust washers grainger and fastenal. Gonna work on floating seals tomorrow. Found two companies .

Well been sourcing out parts for the planetary drive Assy. Got the main bearings sourced out to company in china . Koyo brand as originals for 1/4 price. Roller needles sourced out . Thrust washers grainger and fastenal. Gonna work on floating seals tomorrow. Found two companies .
    Ordered bearings today from china. Needle bearings came in mail today. Ordered thrust washers from grainger and fastenal. Located floating seals and waiting on reply with price. Al

floating seals

Ordered bearings today from china. Needle bearings came in mail today. Ordered thrust washers from grainger and fastenal. Located floating seals and waiting on reply with price. Al
    Well got the price on the floating seals. You will never believe the price. Dealer wanted between $800- $1300. How about $32.00. Is that crazy. The dealer prices are crazy. So I am buying 4 sets. Just to have a spare set. $95 shipping.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast