Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gehl Skid Steers

Gehl Skid Steers

I was wondering if any of you had any experiences (good or bad) with Gehl skid steers. I am considering them but I would like to get some feedback before I make my decision. Thanks in advance.

First off, make sure you have a good dealer. I do and I love my machine. They are alittle more bare bones then a bobcat, but they are strong. I am starting to shop for a 7810 to add to my 4635.

Charter Member
    I have the 4640 and it is great does the job hands down with out all the computer stuff. it's a symple machine and not a high tech wonder as some are. would definatly get another one.
    2005 F350 powerstroke Diesel
    1997 580L
    2004 Gehl 4640 turbo
    1985 Leroi 185 compressor

a friend of mine bought a new 5635 in '99...beats the crap out of it...no problems
    Rock Wall Builder...only one, my own

SOME MORNINGS I WAKE UP GROUCHY...........OTHERS I LET HER SLEEP

With gehl, later is better, they have the 35 and 40 series figgured out. The 7810e even had a 4 cyl cummings, hp @ 115. The machine is a beast, I dunno if it sould be in the same class as everyone else. You should be happy with a 4840e maybe a 5640e. Salopez, who is your dealer?

I work on SALOPEZ gehl 4635 when it has needed work. I will tell you this. Its a complete bitch to change out a starter. Otherwise its a Ok machine. But I am also looking at a Gehl 7810 with the cummins to push a 12' protech snow pusher.
    1999 F-350 xlt ex-cab 4x4 diesel 9' rugby dump, 9' Western Pro plus w/wings, Swenson under tailgate spreader and central hydraulics
    2003 F-250 xlt ex-cab 4x4 diesel
    2007 Bri-Mar 18' 12,000
    2000 Bobcat 773GT high flow w/cab(heat), 68" low profile bucket, 42" forks, tilt a tac, 68" 4in1 bucket, 74" snow bucket 8' protec snow pusher
    2000 Kubota B7500 w/cab and alot of attachments
    1972 Bobcat 600M skidloader w/54" tooth bucket

bank to say yes, but dealer said no GRRR:
    1998 John Deere 310SE exhoe, 4x4, Cab

I can only speak to the tracked machines but the CTL80 is quite popular around here...not as much power as the asv but they definitely hold their own..the hydraulic controls seem alot more snappy and more responsive than the ASV RC100...going from one to the other makes for a few minutes of learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by HeyUvaVT View Post
    I can only speak to the tracked machines but the CTL80 is quite popular around here...not as much power as the asv but they definitely hold their own..the hydraulic controls seem alot more snappy and more responsive than the ASV RC100...going from one to the other makes for a few minutes of learning curve
    Uva Im curious in why you say it doesnt have as much power? Please explain.

The Gehl compact track loaders are made by Takeuchi. So are the Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by CM1995 View Post
    The Gehl compact track loaders are made by Takeuchi. So are the Mustang.

This I know..In the Northern Va market you will see very few Cat/Asv tracked machines. They hold a very low market value, mainly becuase of the undercarriage.

We have a 7810 and it spends more time in the shop than in the woods. It probably a good dirt machine but in the woods their no good.

I may have spoken to soon about the power differences between the RC100 and the CTL80 as there is only 2.5hp difference....however ours is great in the woods...second only I would think to a steel tracked machine like John has..we have 1500hrs of heavy brush cutting and clearing with ours and havent had one serious issue yet maybe we are just lucky?

Do you have any pictures of that machine?

It's onsite right now..will snap a few pics when we get it back to the shop for cleanup until then for pics of the cutter go to www.loftness.com for pics of the machine www.asvi.com and look at the forestry kit for the RC100

Exclamation Gehl Skid Steers

We have a Gehl 5635 that has been a real workhorse . We also bought three (count'em 3) Gehl 7810s. They have been a problem from almost the very beginning. The main problem we have had is that the lift arms develop slack and rub the cab and the hoses.

I definitely WOULD NOT( ) reccommend the Gehl 7810 !!!!!

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with the 7810?

Stormicees

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast