Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat MM55SR excavator

Cat MM55SR excavator

G'day all
    A local contractor in town has purchased a MM55SR painted up in Cat colours, but I think it may be a Mitsubishi, either way it is a grey import as E1G00xx prefix doesnít come up as a good serial # with Cat dealer. My mate needs to find a few parts, his biggest problem is that the hyd donít work when levers are used, but if you move control valve direct they with work. The electronic hand control system seems to be the problem, anyone had any experience with these machines or this problem?

thanks in advance

Probationary Member

Arrow Part request mm55sr

Is there a way to find part for this excavator? In usa or canada?? Nachi Hydraulic pump ? ? If someone know something please help us me and Fred. Thanks

A friend of me who owns a mitsubishi 5 ton excavator here in my country, replaced the electronic hand control to usual hydraulic controls because he could not find any parts. Of course he paid enough money...
    I also have a c a t graymm and the only way to find parts is to use serials from cat catalogue.
    So, you have to find out the similar to yours cat machine and match the parts serial. But this is also riski because serials do not always fit to the gray machines.
    Live your myth...Greece!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    G'day all
    A local contractor in town has purchased a MM55SR painted up in Cat colours, but I think it may be a Mitsubishi, either way it is a grey import as E1G00xx prefix doesnít come up as a good serial # with Cat dealer. My mate needs to find a few parts, his biggest problem is that the hyd donít work when levers are used, but if you move control valve direct they with work. The electronic hand control system seems to be the problem, anyone had any experience with these machines or this problem?

thanks in advance
    That is a rebranded mitsubishi...as for the problem,is there a bad switch in the pilot enable lever perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by nork69 View Post
    Is there a way to find part for this excavator? In usa or canada?? Nachi Hydraulic pump ? ? If someone know something please help us me and Fred. Thanks
    Ive seen that brand on smaller deere and hitachi excavators,mostly on valving though.

Probationary Member
    Hi I have the same problem with my 55. The rams operated by the electrics keep cutting out. Did you ever find a solution.

Does anyone know where you can get parts for an MM55SR? Cat is no help and have not been able to find any parts. I'd love to have any service info anyone has. I have a schematic for the MM55SR if anyone needs it.
    Heavy vehicle mechanics have bigger tools.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/98203149@N08/

Have you tried Maxis corp. Maxis.jp they are in Japan but have been helpful with my MM30SR

No parts needed so far, joysticks stopped working but soldered a new ground on computer and all is well.

I own a mm40sr and i have the same problem
    have found another thread on "mm30sr" full of people withthe same issues. as far as i can tell they are very simmilar electronicly. I have some error code sheets for these machines but am still at a loss for parts or help.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer550 View Post
    Hi I have the same problem with my 55. The rams operated by the electrics keep cutting out. Did you ever find a solution.

Wayne I'd be interested in the code sheets if you can send them. I have schematics if you'd like them.

that would be great. send me your email eddress i will forward them to you. & i would be very greatfull to know more about were to solder a new earth wire to on the circuit board. a photo or instruction on the process would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by gggraham View Post
    Wayne I'd be interested in the code sheets if you can send them. I have schematics if you'd like them.

my direct email address is kwfitzgerald@bigpond.com happy to help anyone who needs the info & code sheets i have.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneo View Post
    that would be great. send me your email eddress i will forward them to you. & i would be very greatfull to know more about were to solder a new earth wire to on the circuit board. a photo or instruction on the process would be fantastic.

Probationary Member

Mm55sr

Quote Originally Posted by gggraham View Post
    Does anyone know where you can get parts for an MM55SR? Cat is no help and have not been able to find any parts. I'd love to have any service info anyone has. I have a schematic for the MM55SR if anyone needs it.
    Can you send me the schematic foor the MM55SR. I have a problem with my machine

Probationary Member

MM55SR Controller Retrofit kit

We have been supplying controller replacement kits for the MM55SR since 2009. The controller is a non-computer based box, converting the Mitsubishi joystick signals, matched to control the proportional valves. The retrofit is simple, basically bypassing the old loom and using only the existing valve and joystick connections. Please contact me info@imdynamics.com.au for details
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast