Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87

Thread: Ford A-66 specs and parts?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Holland MI
    Posts
    34

    Ford A-66 specs and parts?

    Ive been on a hunt recently for a backup/yard loader for our JD 544j's.

    There is a local company selling a Ford a-66 and I think it is comparable to a jd544 in terms of weight and hp.

    Does anyone have any specs or any experience with an a-66?

    Also, are parts available at any New Holland dealer?


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    40
    I believe its more on par with a 644.
    mine has a 4 yard bucket, and wieghs 32k lbs

    all parts I have needed have been at the NH dealer.

    may I ask what they are asking for it and what the condition is?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Devon, U.K.
    Posts
    244
    It has a Ford 401 cu in. engine which produces around 153 BS HP

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Langdon, ND
    Posts
    35
    I recently run across a A66 loader for sale with a blown engine. It is farm equipment dealer that has it but they are holding the price higher that salvage price. But I would be interested if I could buy it right and make some money on it.I know that the engine is slevee less.A short block will run about $5500.Does anyone know what other engines out of tractors might fit?



    i

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Devon, U.K.
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesdad View Post
    I recently run across a A66 loader for sale with a blown engine. It is farm equipment dealer that has it but they are holding the price higher that salvage price. But I would be interested if I could buy it right and make some money on it.I know that the engine is slevee less.A short block will run about $5500.Does anyone know what other engines out of tractors might fit?



    i
    For a block you need to look out for something out of a Ford 8210, 8700, 9700 or any of the TW range 10 > 35....be aware they had a habit of oing porous, make sure you're noit buying more trouble

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    michiga
    Posts
    94
    I think a guy by the name of hinfarm posted on hear with his experience on buying a different engine for a ford a66 loader. he also posted on new agtalk his experience of replacing the engine, in summary, it is not a simple job to fix it. he had an awful problem fitting and getting the parts to do it.

    ? on tranny in a ford loaders, are they a stand allison tranny or something special.

  7. #7
    Probationary Member Tequilaman007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    south dakota
    Posts
    1
    They are an allison. I have a Ford a 64 that has the tranny out again. I have high and reverse but no low. Any one have any idea on whats out.

  8. #8
    Senior Member cummins05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    430
    I ran a ford a64 for my first operator job ever and i would never buy one of these.
    maybe it was just that loader but it was a gutless wonder and always broke and i got paid by the meter hours. I ate alot of kraft dinner
    Consultant and buying equipment again 872GP HSD
    D6N D5H Hitachi 230 JD450 KW tri drive and aspen triaxle with jeep. More to come as winter starts.

  9. #9
    Senior Member RocksnRoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    756
    We ran two A64's for a few years and as a loader to operate, I quite liked them. We did everything with them, from feeding the crusher, clearing trees and cleaning out dams. We had to be careful in dams and on slopes, because they were a little bit tippy, or they gave that impression, but I do think some of that was because the operator was sitting up fairly high. Both these machines were up around the 11 - 12,000 hour mark and the only real problems we had were with the axles. They had inboard brakes incorporated with the diff, which ran in the common oil and they caused a lot of problems for us. The axles ran frightfully hot, but we were running them hard, to keep up to the crusher. The engines gave no trouble, but we did rebuild one transmission.
    I do have the specs on the Ford A62, A64 and A66 loaders if anyone is interested.

    Here is one in action.

    Rn'R.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    15
    could you post the specs to that A62? Or pm me and I'll give you my email if you can email a copy.

    Thanks, Steve

  11. #11
    Probationary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    london uk
    Posts
    1

    Ford a62 a64

    Quote Originally Posted by RocksnRoses View Post
    We ran two A64's for a few years and as a loader to operate, I quite liked them. We did everything with them, from feeding the crusher, clearing trees and cleaning out dams. We had to be careful in dams and on slopes, because they were a little bit tippy, or they gave that impression, but I do think some of that was because the operator was sitting up fairly high. Both these machines were up around the 11 - 12,000 hour mark and the only real problems we had were with the axles. They had inboard brakes incorporated with the diff, which ran in the common oil and they caused a lot of problems for us. The axles ran frightfully hot, but we were running them hard, to keep up to the crusher. The engines gave no trouble, but we did rebuild one transmission.
    I do have the specs on the Ford A62, A64 and A66 loaders if anyone is interested.

    Here is one in action.

    Rn'R.

    Hi there. I have an A62 and A64 and we have problems with the brakes, namely the hydraulic brake oil reservoir/pump, seems to allow the fluid in to the engine? Any advice would be most appreciated. Many thanks. Chris, London

  12. #12
    Senior Member RocksnRoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishunt View Post
    Hi there. I have an A62 and A64 and we have problems with the brakes, namely the hydraulic brake oil reservoir/pump, seems to allow the fluid in to the engine? Any advice would be most appreciated. Many thanks. Chris, London
    G'day Chris, crikey, you are really taxing the memory bank now, it has been many years since we ran the Fords. I am wondering if the oil is going into the engine, or into the diffs. I am fairly sure we had a lot of problems with the oil going into the diffs. There are large "O" rings on the hydraulic brake pressure plates in the diffs and when they let go, the oil pushes past. From memory, we used the diff oil, which is around SAE 30 consistency, in the hydraulic brake resevoir, so that it was compatible with the diff oil, when they leaked and we would have to drain the surplus oil out of the diff every now and then. If the oil is going into the engine, it should only be a matter of replacing the seal on the pump drive shaft, but if it is going into the diff, well the whole thing has to come apart. I never did like their internal brakes.

    RnR.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    wi
    Posts
    14
    Hey rocks and roses. Do you still have the specs for the A66? I have one with tranny problems. Please post them or pm me. Thanks a bunch

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    15
    Not able to PM you, but can you email me the specs for the A62, A64, and A66 loaders? Email is radamsexcavating@yahoo.com. Thanks much!

  15. #15
    Senior Member RocksnRoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamsExcavating View Post
    Not able to PM you, but can you email me the specs for the A62, A64, and A66 loaders? Email is radamsexcavating@yahoo.com. Thanks much!
    Not a problem, I have sent them off.

    Quote Originally Posted by curbappeal View Post
    Hey rocks and roses. Do you still have the specs for the A66? I have one with tranny problems. Please post them or pm me. Thanks a bunch
    I guess you recieved the specs, curbappeal?

    Did you get the tranny problem sorted?

    RnR.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •