Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case 530 CK

If this drawing is correct for your 530, you can take the linkage off the shuttle spools and be able to rotate the spools 180 degrees. That should allow the detent ball to drop into unused grooves in the other side of the spool. Unless someone has already done it before.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Poot,
    It's my feeling that the loader and the hoe design made the tractor famous at the time. It was a big hoe and a lite tractor, just a good combination. These machines are getting old and parts acquisition is the biggest concern I would have. The engine parts I believe are all available aftermarket since they are common with the newer 580 and 580B, except a new engine block. Getting parts for the power shuttle would be my concern. If it's a direct drive machine you are looking at, then that's a plus. The 530 farm tractor is similar so that's good news too. Always check the engine oil for coolant, might be leaking liner rings(common) or a cracked engine block(less common). Phil

Probationary Member
    Hi, My son bought a 530 case with model 32 hoe and loader two years ago with the Idea of fixing it up but he passed away last Sept 09. Its a fairly good old hoe but needs some work and I am looking to try to get it working better. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a cylinder or a rod for the cylinder on the loader for this machine. I know that there are used parts suppliers all over but its hard to come up with the names and address's for them Thanks RLeOlddude

Probationary Member
    NOOOOOOOOO! a crunch when changing forward/ back means MANUAL shuttle. the problem is in the hi lo section, the picture above is wrong, take off the top cover, (hi lo and shuttle box cover), 4 bolts, and you will find that behind the last gear, (as far back as you can go, there is a free running bush, and behind that a spring clip, which will have jumped out. its a B*&&%^ch to put back, if its still in one peice even, but thats your problem, you will know because the last cog will move about 1/4 inch forward/back if the clip is gone.

Probationary Member

Case 530 ck hi lo jumping out of gear as well as forward and reverse

Hi I just bought a 530 ck and both the forward and reverse and the high low are jumping out of gear.

1965 Case 530 CK-Gasoline Engine

I bought a 1965 Case 530 backhoe with loader. I bought it without operating it! It appears that it has always been well lubed as all pins and swivels, etc are in good shape. Some of the cylinders need new seals. The hydraulics work well but the machine will hardly pull itself around. Increasing engine speed does not affect the speed at which it moves. What is wrong with my backhoe??!! It is full of hydraulic fluid. I have no idea what a 'shuttle valve' is or its purpose. When I had the heavy cast angle off the bottom of the bellhousing to replace the gasket, it appeared that it has a torque converter in it?? It also appears that the apparatus runs in a bath of hydraulic fluid. I have yet to acquire a manual for the machine. At this point I do not wish to sell or trade it. I am anxious to start using it to put in my water lines and septic system. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. In the Black Hills...Kenny khargens1024@msn.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12