Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any reports on the new john deere grader

any reports on the new john deere grader

would like to know how the new john deere graders are holding up,any problems,are you happy operating them,any dislikes,fuel consumpsion,any one using the gp controls and how is the built quailty

Running a 872D. I have had very few problems as of yet. The only issue we have is the transmission. Starting to shift a rough. We have Brandt on the problem but no answers as of yet. Other than that very nice machine to run. 5300hrs and 42000km and no breaks or cracks.
    When you think you know it all, it is time to hang up your boots.

i will get an opportunity to run on of the new Grade Pros in Feb cant wait! I have sat in one i think Deere has really done their homework.
    CASE

Can't Attempt Serious Excavation

Can't Afford Something Else

Can't Accomplish Stupid Exercises

Maybe an assumption on my part but I thought Curb Slayer was asking about the G models?? I'm curious as well.
    Richard

we have 2 2004 770 ch and 1 2003 772. but we just bought a 2006 772g before they changed the nose and the guy that runs it says it better then any cat he has run. we only do snow with ares and they do great. and to the price of a cat if i was in a place where i had to buy a grader it wouls be a deere anyday
    life is a sand box SO DIG IT
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMN...o8Ck_LwNw/feed
    check out my videos

Pat Allen

hey guys,running a new 870g deere. has plow, wing,rear scarrifier,dozer blade .nice machine .very solid and smooth .auto shift and auto diff work well when plowing.roading machine is alot nicer than old740 not much bouncing,steering is quick and responsive. all hydraulics for blade have agood feel and very smooth.lots of power and low end tourqe.cab is comfy esspecially heated seat!!!!. very quiet also, hope this helps any

I look after a G and a GP. Both have been really good so far. What exactly would you like to know?

Its finally in S.A!!!! YAY
    If at first you don't succeed, lubricate or make bigger! If you don't have a 'plan B', plan 'A' is bound to fail

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I look after a G and a GP. Both have been really good so far. What exactly would you like to know?
    Personally, I'm interested in reports of using the armrest controls??
    Richard

problems with John Deere graders

We own a 2006 772D and a 2007 872D. The 772 has had 3 turbos replaced, the engine dropped a valve in 2008 and had to have a rebuild. The transmission just blew a bearing and had to be replaced with a new one, it was completely demolished inside. The rad and after coolers have been replaced twice, fan hubs 3 times, fan belt idler twice. Also, numerous sensors, gear shift, and hyd. control actuators. Only 4900 hrs. on this unit.
    The 872D has had a new transmission after only 1000 hrs., 3 new rads and coolers, 3 turbos and 3 fan hubs. Also, numerous sensors and hyd. actuators. Only 3500 hrs. on this unit. These machines will not operate in cold snowy weather without a reversed fan, otherwise the engine, pumps and trans. become a block of ice. They both operate in the oil fields.
    We will never buy another John Deere grader again and we have owned a lot of JD machines in the last 20 years. Stay away from these graders unless you have a lot of money and time to spend!!

Quote Originally Posted by tundraman View Post
    We own a 2006 772D and a 2007 872D. The 772 has had 3 turbos replaced, the engine dropped a valve in 2008 and had to have a rebuild. The transmission just blew a bearing and had to be replaced with a new one, it was completely demolished inside. The rad and after coolers have been replaced twice, fan hubs 3 times, fan belt idler twice. Also, numerous sensors, gear shift, and hyd. control actuators. Only 4900 hrs. on this unit.
    The 872D has had a new transmission after only 1000 hrs., 3 new rads and coolers, 3 turbos and 3 fan hubs. Also, numerous sensors and hyd. actuators. Only 3500 hrs. on this unit. These machines will not operate in cold snowy weather without a reversed fan, otherwise the engine, pumps and trans. become a block of ice. They both operate in the oil fields.
    We will never buy another John Deere grader again and we have owned a lot of JD machines in the last 20 years. Stay away from these graders unless you have a lot of money and time to spend!!
    Which part of the province are you at ? How is Brant's service ? We may be forced to consider JD for graders and I would like some feedback regarding their level of service. Thanks

We are in Central Alberta, so we deal with Edmonton branch. The dealer has been good, problems are with a poorly designed machine and sub-par components that JD is using. We are now having electrical problems with both graders, no 12 volt power for 2 way or stereo. Brandt has told us that the power converters are failing, but not to replace with OEM. Just buy another converter and try to wire it in to existing harness. Another example of sub-par parts.

That weird , I ran a 772d for two year and i have to admit i worked it hard, and i never had a problem with it except for brass and table shims. i was very impressed with it and the local brandt deal (calgary). not impressed with the prices they charged but thats for another post.
    Asphalt: Helping yuppies go off road for 100 years.

What kind of work were you doing? We are grading and snow plowing oilfield lease roads in muskeg country. We are running a 770BH alongside and have never had near as many troubles in over 30000 hrs. of operation. I can honestly say that as an owner of these machines, I am not impressed by anything about the 772d & 872d's.

i was doing commercial development, everything from ripping frost/hard pack to finishing pitrun and crush. when i was hauling material average day was around 2000 ton but that depended on the job as well.
    Asphalt: Helping yuppies go off road for 100 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast