Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitachi Ex120 Problem

I also have an EX120-2 that's getting hot after running and I get a clicking noisefrom the pilot hosescoming off the pump to the pilot filter. I have sealed solonoids which made no difference. Wiring looks good. I'm losing some power when I try to do multiple functions. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by pemolitor View Post
    I also have an EX120-2 that's getting hot after running and I get a clicking noisefrom the pilot hosescoming off the pump to the pilot filter. I have sealed solonoids which made no difference. Wiring looks good. I'm losing some power when I try to do multiple functions. Any ideas?
    try to replace your DP sensor with a new one.

pilot pulse is normal in this machine

Probationary Member
    I work with Hitachi Ex120-2, the machine gets slow 30 mins. of operation specially swing and tracks. The hydraulic oil gets hot. Anybody can help me? Thanks...

Check your pilot pressure. It must be at least 700 psi

Probationary Member
    Thanks for your advice... I will try it.

DP sensor is $900. Anyway to test this. I have no codes in the computer. I did notice it it happens mostly while trying.to swing. And its not pilot pulse. Its more like a clicking or clunking. Like a pump or valve turning on and off in the pilot system.

Check swing pilOt pressure sensor.

3Doc do you have ainstructions for putting new PPC valve (pilot control valve in a ex 120-2 digger they are the ones in the stick controls cheers Brent

Welcome to the forum kuriwao.

Are you asking for advice replacing the PPC valves, or installing new seals in the PPC valve?
    A good mechanic isn't expensive, he's priceless!

http://www.bluediamondattachments.com/

Read Forum Rules Here

Please don't respond to spammers...makes our job tougher mopping up their mess

I am going to buy a set of ppc valves and I was just wanting to know the proseduare tp put them in thanks for asking

If you're replace the entire PPC valve assembly, it's pretty easy, ports are marked on the bottom. Just make sure you don't switch the location of the fittings, sometimes they are different. If you are just replacing components of PPC valves, would help to know exactly what you're planning on doing.

In either case, the most time you'll spend will be getting the consoles apart on left and right and getting the PPC valves out. Kinda cramped and tight quarters inside the cab of an ex working on those things.

Read Forum Rules Here

I was just wanting some instructions and a picture of all the things that might come out and bite me and get lost some where in the cab thanks for your reply cheers Brent

Well, if you are simply replacing the entire PPC valve unit, not much will go awry. But, very important, mark the orientation of the valve, how it's mounted, like Front Side. If you turn those things just one quarter turn upon re-install, it's not going to work proper. And make certain you don't switch around the fittings in the bottom of the PPC valve where hoses connect, sometimes those fittings are different.

Aside from that, It's just a matter of removing console panels and such to get to the valve to service it. Be sure and remove the joystick handle from the PPC valve stem before removal, just easier to do when it's mounted solid in the framework of console. You'll have to disconnect wire that goes to horn button or throttle button so you can spin the handle around and unthread.

If you're going to take the PPC valve apart to reseal, then there are a number of gizmos that can go flying to parts unknown. Here's a thread that shows what's inside those things. This from a Case 9050B, but these things are very similar is design and setup.

http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/...lve&highlight=

Read Forum Rules Here

Quote Originally Posted by kuriwao View Post
    I was just wanting some instructions and a picture of all the things that might come out and bite me and get lost some where in the cab thanks for your reply cheers Brent
    the easy way for this is to remove the cab

I have a question regarding the hitachi ex 120-3 i bought the dr.zx for it n i can't find the connection for it i located one where the dash it but im unable to connect or make connection i sometimes get connected to icf thats about it can i get a pm from someone who knows how to use the dr.zx palm thanks

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast