Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best excavator to buy

Best excavator to buy

Our company is searching for medium track excavator, about 20 metric tons. And now the issue, what machine is the best ? We were thinking about CAT 320 D (or C), but maybe other companys make bether machines. What do you thing about JCB, DOOSAN, and others compared to CAT ?? please help

(sorry for my vocabulary)

Welcome to HEF! Awesome to see our user base continue to grow.

Are you buying new? How are the dealers in your area?
    Opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Caterpillar, Inc. or Bobcat Company, both of which are copyrighted trademarks of their respective companies.

A Komatsu PC300lc-6lc.....good size unit..#32,000.00 machine. digging depth=24'3", digging reach=36'5"...dump height= 23'5"...6 cylinder....232hp..24volts..variable displacement X2..plus 1 gear pump....

2006 or newer, best dealers are CAT and JCB but dealers are not the problem, we have good service for almoust all kind of heavy equipment. We have 2 CAT's 315c, and i think that CAT is a good machine, but i havent got a touch whith other.

Generally we are looking for 20 - 25t machine (komatsu 300lc is to big), 2006y or newer for max 80 000 euro ( 110 000 dollars) thanks for help

Hi Szyman, Welcome!

Id say a Volvo EC210B or C, Or maybe a kobelco (Newholland) 210
    Both very good machines smooth and fast!

That my opinion, but others are very good also!

CPS

Quote Originally Posted by MrKomatsu View Post
    A Komatsu PC300lc-6lc.....good size unit..#32,000.00 machine. digging depth=24'3", digging reach=36'5"...dump height= 23'5"...6 cylinder....232hp..24volts..variable displacement X2..plus 1 gear pump....
    Quote Originally Posted by Szyman View Post
    2006 or newer, best dealers are CAT and JCB but dealers are not the problem, we have good service for almoust all kind of heavy equipment. We have 2 CAT's 315c, and i think that CAT is a good machine, but i havent got a touch whith other.

Generally we are looking for 20 - 25t machine (komatsu 300lc is to big), 2006y or newer for max 80 000 euro ( 110 000 dollars) thanks for help
    Maybe my math is wrong but 32,000# is 16 ton. So how can it be to big if your looking for 20-25 ton?

Quote Originally Posted by PSDF350 View Post
    Maybe my math is wrong but 32,000# is 16 ton.
    Math is fine but the PC300 is not a 32,000 pound machine... it's a 30-tonne machine (~60,000 pounds, give or take a couple thousand depending on the specific configuration).
    Opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Caterpillar, Inc. or Bobcat Company, both of which are copyrighted trademarks of their respective companies.

My short list of excavators would include Deere, Hitachi, and Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerotor77W View Post
    Math is fine but the PC300 is not a 32,000 pound machine... it's a 30-tonne machine (~60,000 pounds, give or take a couple thousand depending on the specific configuration).
    thirty metric tons.one metric ton is ~2700 lbs
    A FOOL AND HIS EQUIPMENT ARE SOON PARTED

Accordin to komatsu's web site a pc300lc-8 with 28" pads weights in at 77,142 lbs.

A metric tonne is 1000 kilograms or 2200 lbs. If you want to be exact a kilo is 2.204623 lbs.

PC210 would be the size Komatsu that fits the bill. Volvo and Liebherr are worth looking at, too.

and how about Komatsu, Volvo and Libherr compared to CAT ? which one is the best and why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    thirty metric tons.one metric ton is ~2700 lbs
    A tonne is a metric ton. I meant to type 66,000 pounds +/-, but it slipped somehow...

Szyman: the issue is this. I've seen numbers suggesting that Cat's small excavators (up to the 320D) are about as good on fuel as anything on the market -- on a volume/fuel/time basis. That is, if you need to move a specific volume of material in a certain time, the Cat does it the cheapest. (Your Cat dealer should be able to help you with this.) If all you do, on the other hand, is at 75% rated speed and don't care about getting maximum production out of your fuel, the Volvo -- and possibly Liebherr -- will be better.

People suggesting Deere -- given that Deere's presence in Europe and the CIS is pretty small, you might as well just start suggesting Hitachi...

I don't know if the Komatsu has much of an advantage anymore... I think Cat's caught up pretty well with them now.

Everybody will have thier favourite and many will be able to quote fuel / tonnage / production etc etc, all of which amounts to very little if the person holding the levers cant make it sing

I think most will agree that there is very little difference between the main players is this field now.

But who are you main players locally? Cat, Doosan, Hitachi, Komatsu, Leibherr, New Holland, Volvo.

You say you have good support for many makes. How do parts and service backup compare.
    Its ok a dealer being near but no good if his two mobile fitters cover several thousand square miles of territory.
    If their no good in the seat, put them on their feet.
    www.Robtaylorplanthireltd.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast