Thread: lowe augers

lowe augers

I am looking at buying a Lowe 750ch auger, does anyone have any experiance with this model or manufacturer. Would like to know how they hold up and if they are worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by LBTCon View Post
    I am looking at buying a Lowe 750ch auger, does anyone have any experiance with this model or manufacturer. Would like to know how they hold up and if they are worth buying.

It depends on what your going to do with them and how often. We have sold a number of them, not many problems. They are a good unit. They use a chain reduction system inside the box to reduce speed for the auger. They work fine for occasional use digging a post hole or something similar, not really heavy duty enough for daily commercial use or with an auger larger than, say, 12 inches. Also, depends on what part of TN your in. If the eastern part, the soil is workable. If your in middle TN around the Nashville area with all it's limestone and shale formations, it would have a bit of problem with that stuff. Hope that helps.
    A good mechanic isn't expensive, he's priceless!

http://www.bluediamondattachments.com/

Read Forum Rules Here

Please don't respond to spammers...makes our job tougher mopping up their mess

I have had a Lowe 1650E for about 15 years. It has the chain reduction. It has drilled a countless number of holes in that time. I have even hooked it up to high flow and never had an issue. The ground conditions are very difficult here, cobble rock. I would buy another. The only thing I don't like is offset design makes it hard to hug the auger up against buildings. Other than that, very solid auger.
    WWW.KAISERSKIDSTEER.COM

Welcome to HEF!

I am really not a #ick.

Quote Originally Posted by KSSS View Post
    I have had a Lowe 1650E for about 15 years. It has the chain reduction. It has drilled a countless number of holes in that time. I have even hooked it up to high flow and never had an issue. The ground conditions are very difficult here, cobble rock. I would buy another. The only thing I don't like is offset design makes it hard to hug the auger up against buildings. Other than that, very solid auger.

Well, there you go! Words from someone who has operated one.
    A good mechanic isn't expensive, he's priceless!

http://www.bluediamondattachments.com/

Read Forum Rules Here

Please don't respond to spammers...makes our job tougher mopping up their mess

Thanks KSSS and ATCOEQUIP for the info, it gives me something to go off of now.