Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Murray 9 axle

I thought it would be a little higher.Good to hear you guys are staying busy building trailers.Just dont wait to long to cash that check from the state when you get it
    So here are a few more progress pics,Deck got flipped so it is gonna get strapped.They finished welding some of the stuff from underneath.and got the parts for the storage baskets for the deck.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

oops wrong pics.here they are

yes that guy can weld, more pictures please and very nice trailers you build chaz.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author
    Marketing my lifestyle in the Great White North
    www.kingofobsolete.ca
    www.cattraintours.ca
    card carrying member of the Writer's Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Murray View Post
    I really do not know off the top of my head but the last one we have built in that model was back in 2005 or 2006 and is down in your area, Kirkland Lowbed still has it. The total amount if I would have to guess would be less than 20 for the Ambassador Model...our M2000 Model is getting close to breaking that number now. Six have been built in the last 2 years and have one going through the paint shop as I type and one more In the fab shop scheduled to be done in October but we had to get started early because of another large project for the state of California, three Barrier Trailers http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/maint/workz...barr/index.htm. We have already built two of them back in 2004 and 2006 and just recently won the bid for three more....just hope the state has the money to pay us when it comes time with all this budget mess haha.
    now your going to need to add a special projects tab to the website where you can put this trailer and the flatbed you guys built back in the day.

I am not able to pickout a wireway.
    What do you make that out of?
    Can i see a picture of the machine that makes all those perfect cutouts in large steel pieces?
    Last edited by amunderdog; 06-14-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualie View Post
    now your going to need to add a special projects tab to the website where you can put this trailer and the flatbed you guys built back in the day.
    Live the Low Life, Put it in the dirt!!

Well the barrier trailers we can not sell to anyone else because the state of California holds the patten on them. We can build them for the state or who ever the state sells them to and that's it, so not much point in advertising them too much.
    Yes it's true......I am now at Cozad!
    http://www.cozadtrailers.com

OK fellas A few pics.

And a few more

Quote Originally Posted by -NICK- View Post
    And a few more

If you guys are ordering the 5th wheel you just called about you might as well cut the mount brackets off. The new 5th wheel comes with new ones

So I guess its gonna end up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Murray View Post
    Well the barrier trailers we can not sell to anyone else because the state of California holds the patten on them. We can build them for the state or who ever the state sells them to and that's it, so not much point in advertising them too much.

I don't look at it from a sales point i look at it as bragging rights.

Special projects are just that, SPECIAL. they show a company's ability to preform out side their normal operating status and produce a top shelf product. especially in todays times its the small details that differentiate the winners and survivors from the also ran's.

Just how i see it. Plus you could throw the trailers you built for euro export up there also with their 24V wiring system and euro spec lighting.

As im sure you noticed any one can build lowbeds, but theres only one company that builds MURRAY lowbeds.

I don't look at it from a sales point i look at it as bragging rights.

Special projects are just that, SPECIAL. they show a company's ability to preform out side their normal operating status and produce a top shelf product. especially in todays times its the small details that differentiate the winners and survivors from the also ran's.

Just how i see it. Plus you could throw the trailers you built for euro export up there also with their 24V wiring system and euro spec lighting.

As im sure you noticed any one can build lowbeds, but theres only one company that builds MURRAY lowbeds.
    You have a point there....if i get some time today ill dig up some pictures from the past two we built and see if I can get some starting construction pictures today and make a new section for it

not to highjack this great thread but it is true on what you pay for is what you get. buddy barry has 2 gravel trailers that are the same design but differnet price ranges. the cheaper one has only 1/2 the welds,(the rest of the welds were replaces with a silicone) no quality on the workmanship. wiring is exposed to the gravel rocks (no protection). the amount of work we do on the cheaper trailer every year is costing more then the more expense trailer because little work is done to it every year. plus on resale value the expense one will bring top dollar where the cheaper one will be given away.

keep up the good work and of course more pictures.

like your website chaz and will be joining your BB.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author
    Marketing my lifestyle in the Great White North
    www.kingofobsolete.ca
    www.cattraintours.ca
    card carrying member of the Writer's Guild

Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog View Post
    I am not able to pickout a wireway.
    What do you make that out of?
    Can i see a picture of the machine that makes all those perfect cutouts in large steel pieces?
    We use a guy thats local here.He cuts it with a CNC plasma cutter we just give him the file for patterns or designs.I havent been there in a while but next time I go i'll try and take a couple of pics.

So now the welders are working on the rear suspension got the booster and equilizer seperated,and stripped down and they are welding cutting and grinding like crazy.A couple more plates to weld on the main deck and it should be ready to get flipped back over to have the floors for the baskets welded in.The goose neck is pretty much done I think they order a couple of parts for it,and a little welding left and it should be done.Waiting for the fifth wheel and the tower will be done.Then work will start on the jeep .Here are a couple of pics of the last couple of days progress.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast