Thread: Komatsu Key's

Komatsu Key's

Kinda a stupid question but anyway...

Does anyone have any idea if one Komatsu key works on every Komatsu? Some manufactures such as John Deere have different keys for different types of machines. I have a komatsu key and i was wondering if it worked on both Dozers and Excavators. It says on my key KOM 787.

Thanks !

I know that the key out of our Deere Grader works in our Deere Dozer witch is several years newer

I worked with a lock smith for about 2 years and we had precut keys for all the different machine manufactures. When I asked my boss about it he said that they dont take the time to key every machine different so whenever someone needed a key cut/copied for a machine we would just hand them one of the precuts.

I dont know if that was of any help but just a little info.

Yes my komatsu dozer key will fit and any komatsu excavator and track dump truck.
    Chris

To see our equipment in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

Maybe not all door locks

I would say all ignitions maybe not all locks from my experience.

The 787 key is the Komatsu master key and fits all ignitions and almost all doors. You don't always get a 787 key with your machine. I have run into a couple of others. I have found 686 keys in dozers and heard of a couple of others.

Clayton,

Yes, your 787 key will fit all Komatsu ignitions except for the early WA65, WA75 and WA95 wheel loaders built in Germany. Other than those, you are good to go on any Komatsu with that 787 key.

Best,
    Tony
    "Man who go through airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok"

Thanks that answers my question. I just didn't want to get to a job by myself and get stranded with out a key.

Yup. The 787 is the so called "master".

Check the usefull link: Komatsu on-line parts catalogues www.komatsupartsbook.com
    Share with friends

Does anyone know where you can extra keys? Thanks

Komatsu p35 R engine swap?

I picked up a pc35r the other day with a bad engine.....maybe.

Here is the history.

A couple years ago the owner of the machine took the air filter off and ran the machine for a couple days. The machine finally quit on him and he took it to a mechanic. The mechanic took the engine out and apart and had it all machined. The shop also tested the crank and said that it had hairline fractures in it. This is the point where the customer ran out of money. Fast forward 8 months and this is where I come in. The engine is now in a couple boxes

I started looking for parts and am having a harder time finding things. I also am noticing that parts are pretty pricey. So my idea was to put in a similar size Kubota or engine. I know anything is possible, but I am wonder has anyone done this?

Any and all comments are welcome!

Thanks

M

E-BAY type in equipment keys in search All kinds of keys for sale from one single key to sets of 50 (different brands cat, deere, case, etc.)