Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: skid steer solutions VS. mclaren nu-air flat proof tire which is better

skid steer solutions VS. mclaren nu-air flat proof tire which is better

i am looking to purchase some flat proof tires for my skid steer and was wondering which brand of flat proof is better.how does each compare in tread life and ride quality.iv posted the link to skid steer solutions tire below
    http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Sk...Tires_s/63.htm

Ward Equipment sell the Prowler Brand. Just purchased a set. Best price I've found on them, not going to tell the price I paid, but the will deal with you.
    They are located in greensburg, IN

has anybody tried the skid steer solution tires

here is a link to the ward equipment tires that were mentioned above.any thoughts on these as well.
    http://www.prowlertracks.com/Prowler...%20Wheels.html

is this a bad topic,i dont seem to be getting many replies.thank you for your time

It's not a bad topic at all, it's possible that no one has experience with the tires you're looking at. Don't let that discourage you here.

ok thanks ill just give it some time

I have never heard about the other two brands and don't know anyone who has them (they are probably very new on the market), but I'm well familiar with Bullman and NuAir tires (someone on the forum even said they are both made by Mclaren, which is a US based company). Neither Bullman, nor Nu-Air are made in China, which at least for me is a positive sign about their quality.

Anyway, first we got Bullman about 3 years ago and we really liked them because they put the end of our flats once and for all. And, we abuse the tires a lot. The Bullmans have good wear and cushioning. Once we wore them all the way to the holes (if I remember right about 700-800 hours), we upgraded to Nu-Air, which we are still running. The Nu-Air are one class higher than the Bullman -- more rubber, more cushioning, improved lug pattern for better wear, really a great all purpose tire. We got the Nu-Air AT version, which is their premium all terrain tire. They also have another version for slightly less money. The Nu-Air tires also run well with over the tire tracks, as they can absorb the debris that may get stuck between the tire and the track. Overall I think Nu-Air AT offers more value for the money even though they cost more.

So, I think we got our money's worth and they saved us tons of hassle and lost revenues in dealing with flat tires and upset customers. I think we’ll be sticking with the NuAir for quite some time. And one final thing, be careful of any Chinese tires... our regular pneumatics from there were a disaster.

I am looking to replace the rubber tracks on my Bobcat T190 as well as my Bobcat 331 excavator. Any suggestions on brands?

Don't anybody forget who's a sponsor here. (Hint: Look in the top right hand corner of the page.)
    Proudly spending today building the dilapidated housing of the 22nd century....

Read the Forum Rules Here

Quote Originally Posted by digger242j View Post
    Don't anybody forget who's a sponsor here. (Hint: Look in the top right hand corner of the page.)
    Ha,ha,ha... I didn't see it until now. Actually, we have been buying Bridgestone and Mclaren for the last 4-5 years not because of the ad above but because of their proven quality. McLaren is a first class company and as far as I know, they and Bridgestone are now the main suppliers for track loader and excavator tracks to Bobcat.

The last set we bought from McLaren was the multi-lug TDF tracks for T190 and they have a lot better traction than the OEM track. Plus they do really well in the snow. You can get these from any Bobcat dealer or from McLaren. McLaren is a great company to work with, but definitely not the cheapest. If you are looking for just cheap, then you should go online. There are a bunch of companies there.
    Last edited by HillBoy; 01-22-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Let me correct myself. Few times McLaren was quite competitvely priced when compared with the rest. They run promotions now and then... BUt again, for the quality of their products, I can't expect them to be the cheapest.

Hillbilly, If I understand you wore a set of solid tires out in under a 1000 hours? I'm looking to put on a set on my NH 190 and they are about 4grand and they are telling me they'll last at least four times as long as a set of tires, we get about 800hours on a set of new air tires, 1400 if they are recapps and they are blowing to me that solids will go 4000hrs or about a buck an hour, am I being fed a line of bull from my tire sales guru, when I ask him who has a set they claim they haven't had anyone wear out a set yet to know how many hours they will actually go, all the guys I've talked to haven't had them long enough to know or else traded them off on the machine or a different bigger machine and got new tires with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy88 View Post
    Hillbilly, If I understand you wore a set of solid tires out in under a 1000 hours? I'm looking to put on a set on my NH 190 and they are about 4grand and they are telling me they'll last at least four times as long as a set of tires, we get about 800hours on a set of new air tires, 1400 if they are recapps and they are blowing to me that solids will go 4000hrs or about a buck an hour, am I being fed a line of bull from my tire sales guru, when I ask him who has a set they claim they haven't had anyone wear out a set yet to know how many hours they will actually go, all the guys I've talked to haven't had them long enough to know or else traded them off on the machine or a different bigger machine and got new tires with it.
    Hmm, 4,000 hours seems unreal. I can double check our records to let you know the exact hours we put on... I may be wrong with the number I put above, but I'll certianly find out. I can tell you, though, that the Nu-Air AT we got now have more rubber and wear better than the previous brand tires we had.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast